One of the best illusions ever

I remember seeing this illusion shown on a program here about 20 years ago when I was a kid called "3-2-1 Contact". The 2 of the hosts were running around the room having fun, and the 3rd member came out acting amazed. They showed him (and us) how the illusion was done....and how our eyes comprehended one thing, when in actuality it was something different.

I remember seeing this illusion shown on a program here about 20 years ago when I was a kid called "3-2-1 Contact". The 2 of the hosts were running around the room having fun, and the 3rd member came out acting amazed. They showed him (and us) how the illusion was done....and how our eyes comprehended one thing, when in actuality it was something different.

I remember the same show Ray. I haven't thought about that show for years until i watched this vid. Nice to know i wasn't the only one who remembered it. I used to love that show as a kid.

I watched that show religiously.....especially "Powerhouse" which came on right after it. I would rush home from school every day to watch those 2 shows....and right after on WFLD, was the Three Stooges Hour!!

ok so you guys get better tv over there lol! im probably older than both of you and dont ever remember such progs in the uk lol!

I remember two out of three, don't recall ever seeing Powerhouse

3-2-1 Contact Opening Theme/Intro 1983-1986

[YOUTUBE]s2-LEBc2sO8[/YOUTUBE]

The Three Stooges

[YOUTUBE]XVKDzblqTE8[/YOUTUBE]

Powerhouse

[YOUTUBE]5jrLH3Zh3EY[/YOUTUBE]

Love it! Thanks for posting that Gman. (y)

I don't remember Powerhouse either, but definately 3-2-1 Contact and of course the 3 Stooges.

All those were shown on Public Broadcasting Stations (PBS), which showed Sesame Street and Electric Company in the morning for the young kids, and 3-2-1 Contact and Powerhouse in the afternoon for the young teens. I remember those shows were heavily influenced by very young actors....a few who I have seen in a couple of movies here and there.....and one who I remember died all too young.

In my mind, Morgan Freeman will always be "Easy Reader", a character he played on Sesame Street who taught kids to read by sounding out the letters one at a time, till they could pronounce the words.

very good illusion, your eyes say one thing, but the brain is saying another

Powerhouse (1982)

A woman creates a community center in a old gym that belonged to her father in the inner city and calls it Powerhouse. As things turn out, that move has her opposing criminals whom a group of five teenage volunteers at the center manage to find and capture. Furthermore, that incident is but the first of a series of informal cases that compel the kids to investigate as detectives, where they employ their knowledge of science and other areas to solve the crime, all while addressing serious issues that affect the youths of the city. Interspersed in the show are uncommercials that promote health and fitness.

Was one season, 8 episodes but they kept repeating them for a couple years.

Back