Ongoing VPN problem

telveskid

Hi guys,
Can anyone add to this ?
I have a VPN sub on two firesticks been working fine for years but recently noticed the IP not changing from my VIRGIN IP on both sticks whatever country i choose ,spoken to VPN techguys checked all VPN settings etc even installed latest apps on sticks but no joy.
I have same VPN on my phone and that works and the IP changes so i then send to firestick s using apps2fire and then the problem occurs again.

2 x vpns on 2 x sticks not changing IP although the apps says VPN active so i checked the device IP and that does not change,done a factory reset of firestick & reset virgin router still no joy
Even installed TurboVpn free ver. on firestick still showing VIRGIN IP when active.

Anyone using a VPN on any device using Virgin and does YOUR ip change

Regards

Yes mate I use virgin and ipvanish vpn and the ip address changes as soon as its connected. Have you tried removing the app and reinstalling

Hi guys,
Can anyone add to this ?
I have a VPN sub on two firesticks been working fine for years but recently noticed the IP not changing from my VIRGIN IP on both sticks whatever country i choose ,spoken to VPN techguys checked all VPN settings etc even installed latest apps on sticks but no joy.
I have same VPN on my phone and that works and the IP changes so i then send to firestick s using apps2fire and then the problem occurs again.

2 x vpns on 2 x sticks not changing IP although the apps says VPN active so i checked the device IP and that does not change,done a factory reset of firestick & reset virgin router still no joy
Even installed TurboVpn free ver. on firestick still showing VIRGIN IP when active.

Anyone using a VPN on any device using Virgin and does YOUR ip change

Regards

have you reset the stick? if not give that a try as i know sometimes apps play up and thats the only way around it.

Yes mate I use virgin and ipvanish vpn and the ip address changes as soon as its connected. Have you tried removing the app and reinstalling
Yes done that mate

have you reset the stick? if not give that a try as i know sometimes apps play up and thats the only way around it.
Yes i have deleted & re installed apps ,Done a factory reset on 1 x Firestick, What am going to do next pop round to a mate try my firestick on his network & apps2fire the vpn from my phone to his stick and login to my vpn account and see if IP changes

Try a free trial of a different vpn mate
Got 9 Months of sub left want to sort i did try free version of Turbovpn i checked device IP after connecting and that gave me my Virgin IP too as said will try at mate tomoz my stick & vpn then my vpn on his stick

Install it on your phone mate and see if it changes
Aready tried on my phone it works ok as stated in previous posts

Can anymore add any further on this,
My vpn service is not changing my IP address on 2 x firesticks i have uninstalled & re-installed the vpn apk spoken to vpn techguys who advised to use latest version apk which i have no joy.
so i have uninstall/reinstalled different version of apps no joy
I have factory reset a firestick started again still no joy.
I have used my firestick on another house VIRGINMEDIA wifi still no joy
I have installed my vpn app on firestick at the other house using virginmedia wifi still no joy
The vpn works on my mobile phone on house wifi no problems
so my vpn provider needs to sort this out

I have the first gen one and no VPN app works with it,they install and say there connected but when you check the I p address it's not changed,the only way round it is a VPN router.
Yes you was right 1st Gen not supported by vpn provider
Thanks for your recent help greatly appreciated

Back