open box v8

hi guys

i had an open box v8 working fine for some time. recently i had to change the sever details. i did receive new ones but the box wont seem to accept the. i got the port , user, password etc. via email.
when i try to input it allows me but when i press blue or ok to save it immediatly goes back to server details. i justt cannot get past this and im going bald from pulling my hair out
cheers

nialler

Are you pressing the green button after inputting the line details to get your green tick before you exit out?

Alternatively, put it with a USB stick. There's dozens of posts explaining how to do it if you don't know, just do a little research in this forum!

im not gettin that far mate. when i used to do it after i inputted all settings and hit ok it would then go back to the previous scree where i could tinck it as active but not it just stays on the same screen where i input the info

When you're on that screen you need to press green button ( or could be the yellow, can't remember which) before you exit out, or all the line details will not save!

can anyone get me started with the setup of my openbox v8s please?
Have connected the box to tv along with HDMI and Ethernet cable. Not getting 'scrambled' or 'no signal' on screen, just goes blank.

You don't mention satellite cable! Is that connected? Do you get anything on screen if you scroll through the menu?

The premium channel will be there. So it's your fta channels as well. Check your coax cable/f connector.

On BBC1 Press menu > installation > antenna setup. Signal intensity/quality should be 80%to 90%

The premium channel will be there. So it's your fta channels as well. Check your coax cable/f connector.

On BBC1 Press menu > installation > antenna setup. Signal intensity/quality should be 80%to 90%
intensity is 90% quality 73%. should DiSEqC1.0/1 be disabled?

at the risk of sounding rude. You really need to do more research about your box and how it works if you're struggling with what an f connector is.

As per google:- The F connector is a coaxial RF connector commonly used for "over the air" terrestrial television, cable television and universally for satellite television and cable modems, usually with RG-6/U cable or, in older installations, with RG-59/U cable.

All the info you need is located in this forum. You just need to do a little reading!

Back