open box woes

flutered

my first openbox s10 died, i got a replacement from a different supplier the first week in september, now when this one is on for a half hour the tv shows scrambled, if left for a few hours and allowed to go cold it works grand for another half hour then the picture changes to blank with scrambled showing.

i made contact with the supplier today, who said that more than likely the internal cooling fan was not working, that they would supply an external one, i have put the laptop cooling fan under it and hey presto it is working ok, i think that i will look for a replacement as an external fan will limit my options with the box, your thoughts please.

If you only bought it recently, get the supplier to relace it, not give you a different problem. September is way too soon to accept a slapdash fix. rep;acement is the only option for me flutered.

i do not know, i contacted the supplier satboxes.com, on recipt of the box a new one will be supplied, it gone in todays post so hopefully i will have it on friday.

i recieved the new box by return of post, it is working beautifully, the firmwware is a little different, so kudos to satbox.com.

Back