Satellite OpenATV 7 - recommended build

geoffdh

I've been using a ZGemma H7S for about 18 months, with OpenATV 6 and Wooshbuild on top
Today I wanted to update the OpenATV to the latest, but it looks like the 6.5 version is now EOL

When I first got the ZGemma H7S, I flashed OpenATV 7 and tried to put Wooshbuild on top
That failed, causing the box to endlessly reboot, but I managed to recover it
- thanks to Willo in this thread Satellite - H7s stuck on boot
I quite like Wooshbuild, but am a bit reluctant to try it on OpenATV 7 after what happened last time

So the question is, have any of you tried a build on top of OpenATV 7 on a ZGemma H7S, and what are your experiences
Thanks for reading and any advice

Agree with ferret you would be better with grog free range as it’s more up to date than wooshbuild.
Open atv is based round the new python 3 that’s why your running into issues when flashing with open atv 7 then putting wooshbuild on which hasn’t been updated in nearly 2yr

You could put Willobuild on the box, it uses VIX rather than ATV but is upto date in that it's python3 ready.

I won't be updating Grogbuild to 7 for a while because there is quite a bit to do and time is not on my side at the moment

As far as I am aware there are no intentions for wooshbuild to be updated for ATV 7 at this time

Thanks for all the quick replies
- all very useful, and explains why I had problems with Wooshbuild on openATV 7

As the ZGemma H7s has 4 flash locations, I'll play around a bit, maybe putting Grogbuild on one flash space, with Willobuild in another, while retaining Wooshbuild over OpenATV 6.5 in a third

Thanks for all the quick replies
- all very useful, and explains why I had problems with Wooshbuild on openATV 7

As the ZGemma H7s has 4 flash locations, I'll play around a bit, maybe putting Grogbuild on one flash space, with Willobuild in another, while retaining Wooshbuild over OpenATV 6.5 in a third
I'm not sure if wooshbuild will run on 6.5 as that was always a beta and never became stable image.

Back