openATV image?

channelking

With VIX not supported have to use latest openATV image.

Now could I follow same steps that I used with VIX on ATV to reflash?

I am guessing the builds on here you just add on top of openATV and has more stuff?

Dont know if need all bells and whistles so think ATV on its own like VIX is enough imo.

You have not said how you normally flash, so not easy to say yes or no.

You have following options.
Flash by USB
Transfer zipped image file to /media/hdd/imagebackups and then flash using ImageManager
Flash using Grog's script.

AutoBouquetsMaker, CrossEPG/EPG Importer are not pre-installed, so you will have to install those from the plugin menu.

Would definitely recommend flash the latest open atv version then add wooshbuld. Instructions are plain and simple to follow. Plenty support on here for that image also.

openatv will be missing things like softcams and some plugins like epgimporter etc which you will need to install manually, using one of the builds on here installs them for you.

Use usb to flash.

But things which you have to install on ATV you would do manually via plugins?

I think ATV on its own should be ok.

Seen thread of grog build and woosh build but unfortunately seems Very complicated to add their builds on top.

Send me your box I will re flash it and send it back to you grog has a brilliant guide on how to re flash his image onto your box it does it all for you so you don't need openatv then wooshbuild grogs does it all mate

@channelking the process is the same, get the base image & flash via USB, VIX & ATV mostly use the same plugins (with a few variants) but ATV make you do more work as it comes with less in the base image

Is openatv still needed then for grog build or wooshbuild? Which of the two is best builds?

Read both guides for both builds but I don't completely understand the instructions.
@channelking the process is the same, get the base image & flash via USB, VIX & ATV mostly use the same plugins (with a few variants) but ATV make you do more work as it comes with less in the base image

That's why I preferred vix lol.

Guess that means flashing ATV on its own isn't enough.

Just wanted openatv on its own without extras.

That’s a matter of option which is best, yes open atv needed with wooshbuild. If you follow the wooshbuild set up guide you really can’t go wrong

Will try to just get 6.3 verison of ATV off the main site of openatv and just get plugins from plugins sections manually.

If need such builds recommend then may add them but never used them on VIX though.

Went on the image site and shows TM nano 3t has the.6.3 version supported. Is that wrong then?

Don't get why the.images are not supporting this box anymore. Get Its old and with all old things not always supported. But this is still decent box.

You can get plugins using wget command or you can use opkg download, so that you get and keep them and manually install them instead of the ones on the plugin server.

We can only go by what we read. If you meant install, why didn't you just say install.

I take it you have not flashed the image, what are you stuck on?

it appears we all have issues of some kind but regardless of our personal situations, we would all do well to take a moment & remember why we are using this forum as we have a common goal here...to get our tech stuff working as best we can. Most of the time this goes smoothly but from time to time it can be frustrating for both the user with the tech problem & the advising member getting onto the same page.

Back