openbox scrambled

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually haven't got a home phone . Yes I know I'm useless I get back home quite late but I've been told to knock some BT smart setup off hopefully that helps

If that doesn't work then offer still stands.
We could Skype in the absence of telephone as I am in Spain so a bit restricted.
I am normally on here until midnight (uk) so late is not a problem for me.

The plot thickens,I took the v8s to my mams just then and after connecting it presto all premium channels are working. Most annoying is she also has BT Internet. Any ideas chaps?

It certainly looks now as if your BT connection/setup may be blocking certain info ?
Also do a check at both houses on the transponder values on the missing channels to see if there is a difference ?
It could be a slight problem at your house with the dish/lnb causing the problem.

Which is the transponder value the snr rate ? Both houses are BT. It worked fine for 6 months can't understand why it's suddenly just stopped working.

Make a note of the transponder no with the problems.
Menu then TP list and locate those transponders and record the signal intensity and quality values.
Do a comparison at both locations to see if there is a difference.
Also check that the same total of transponders is achieved at both locations.
This will give an indication of possible dish/lnb differences.

I'll have a look at that when I finish work. Nightmare this ha ha

It's the only way to solve some of these issues I'm afraid.
Eliminate each possibility one by one and in 90% of cases it can be solved.
If all the transponder values are the same then the only outstanding issue would appear to be in your router/internet provider.

Just got back to my mams. Box was working at dinner time now can only get freeview. So now must be the box itself or BT has blocked access from different places. Is that possible ?

Just got back to my mams. Box was working at dinner time now can only get freeview. So now must be the box itself or BT has blocked access from different places. Is that possible ?

This could run for longer than war and peace at this rate !..lol
Can you run the box at a mates house with non BT internet to see if it works ?
I would also suggest a test line request via the general satellite section to try and see if that works ?
Still available to test it and talk on Skype if all else fails.
And yes, BT could be blocking as I had a similar issue recently with TALK TALK internet.

Ha yeah I know mate is there any way of unblocking BT ? I don't have Skype :( and the line was with the box so I don't have the details to give you to test it,might just buy a book or 12

Read posts 9 and 10 earlier in this thread which tell you how to get a copy of your line.

Tested the line on 2 boxes and cccam and mgcamd and was offline on everything.
Advised member to get a test line via the forum as well as chase his supplier for what it's worth.

If you have server in red it says show/hide at bottom of screen, press 1 it will ask for pass number it's 0000 put it in then press 1 . It will then show you server if you haven't got access to usb if you have follow dillyp instructions

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

I am having the same problem. I have Plusnet as my BB provider (BT). I have a Zgemma H.2S and an openbox V8S. My line used to work on the openbox but has now stopped working. The same line works in my Zgemma box on my plusnet broadband, When I connect my openbox to my phone using a portibale wifi hotspot using my mobile network the openbox works fine. I have tried changing the DNS settings on the openbox to public ones but still no luck. Will try more tomorrow to see if I can figure it out.

When I moved the box to my mams it worked for a while then stopped,also when I got it back home it would come on for a minutes here and there,however when I got a test line off a new server it worked ok and has done for a while. My advice would be to seek a test line and see how you get on,looks like your exciting server has went the same way as my old one.

I have my openbox working by connecting it through a VPN, via my PC. So definitely Plusnet/BT blocking my line. Strange how it works on the Zgemma box without the VPN. I have let my line provider know so hopefully they will be able to sort it.

Yeah it's a weird one. My mate has the same server as I did with BT but his zgemma box worked and my openbox didn't ? Yet when in Put the test line in and it worked straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back