openbox v8 pro on cable

garyth

TK Veteran
Guys, been messing around with this box all morning. Same feed into my Zgemma with all my hd working. Put this feed into the lnb which is for cable, scanned manually, auto scanned and for the life of me I cannot get any channels to scan through.
Any help would be much appreciated
Gaz

You need to address this problem to Reaper as he is the only person with extensive knowledge on this box !

Already in contact---there is a list of frequencies in the cable section but I've PM'd warhammer14 as he is closer to garyth and has sussed the cable out.
Reaper.

Reaper, done a bit of searching and there seems to be a firmware upgrade for this box, should I be adding?

Reaper, got hold of your man and he has very kindly solved my issues with a simple call. I must inform you that the cable tuner is in the rf out, not the lnb as you thought.
After 8 cups of coffee we are nearly there.
Anone else with issues, use rf out and edit your frequency and symbol rate to your areas and add connection, job done.

Yes, you are correct Garyth/warhammer14---I've just untangled the mess/mass of cables on my test bench and my little test box is plugged into sat/cable using lnb in for sat and a very suspicious cable feed from a multi splitter into the rf socket, no wonder I had no problems scanning lol My son usually plugs all the cables and boxes in but I take the blame for the error [couldn't see thru the tangled mess so just assumed. Sorry.
Garyth/ warhammer14---could you please write a howto for the cable set up and I will put it up on support site.
Thank you kindly for your work.
Reaper.

Reaper - many thanks for sorting the v8 pro box so quick! It Arrived today.

Ive been in contact with Warhammer14 so hopefully gonna give it a go tomorrow to set up! Thank you both for your help so far

Mind the rf is your tuner and you edit your own frequency and symbol rate shieldsy before auto scan

I'm sure he'll take good care of you shieldsy, good man to have on side, as well as the REAPER of course lol

Garyth... Did you need to purchase any connectors for the virgin feed to fit the RF in tuner on the pro box? Some sort of sat-ariel connector?

Not familiar with the box but would of thought youd need coax to rf male.Screw it on end of coax cable and plug in rf in.

Guys, I'm glad to say that I now have all my channels clearing! Another epic journey with a happy ending. But a little heads up, my channels are clearing after taking a test with another provider, upon checking the connection I noticed his instructions saying that some boxes now have their DES set 010203040506070890 with no spaces. I'm thinking this is my issue with my own connection and have pm'd him to ask if he could also add these settings. I will post any update I receive, been reading on another forum that there have been issues with some newer boxes,

So my suggestion re anothr line proved of good news for you.
What newer boxes and what issues? Can you elaborate please m8.
Reaper.

Back