Openbox V8S Firmware ?

sxeros

I have been down the rabbit hole with my new Openbox V8S which was purchased from eBay (i know, i know !)...after reading some of these topics it looks like there could be some clones as the official firmware from Openbox is spitting out a Hardware Mismatch error when updating via USB.

The box had been working great with a N-Line and then it stopped a couple of days ago and i was left with the scrambled error, I had a play around with the Firmware at first when I selected upgrade via Network it gave 3 firmware options including a SkyBox which worked with the N-Line. Now when I go to update via Network its asking for server details ? so it looks like I have wiped them too.

The firmware i'm currently using is 3511HD_30_09_2015_0326 , I'm quite sure this isn't the latest version ? how I do i know if this is a clone ? and if it is would a N-Line work as it used too. ?

Greets

R0s

see if it will upgrade by net work put usb stick in the bck usb port that will tell u the latest firmware

see if it will upgrade by net work put usb stick in the bck usb port that will tell u the latest firmware

When I goto upgrade by network its asking for network details ? before it connected and gave me a list of 3 to choose from including a Skybox option.

Does anyone know the network details I need to add for the box to connect and download the correct firmwares ?

Thanks

In my experience, a clone box won't load Yojiatech firmware. You may have to load clone firmware from Openbox.cm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have now sorted the firmware i used the following, if anyone needs a copy I have just done a USB Dump of my V8S Box.

OPENOX_V8S_3511HD_CMT_15081006B7.abs

Just received this in regarding refreshing the openbox V8S Box, I haven't needed to do this but these are the instructions i was given with my Openbox V8S.

Please kindly find the following link for your firmware: http://www.vtzero.com/download/TV_BOX/MXQ_Original/hd18q_ota_20151222.rar follow the steps as below to upgrade.

1.Open the zip file and copy the four files to your SD card.
2.Plug HDMI cable then use a small stick press the upgrade button and hold on.
3.Connect your device to the power supply.
4.When you see is upgrading then let your hands go.

hi i am trying to download firmware for openbox v8s to upgrade via the nul cable can you tell me where to download this
thanks amort1

I have now sorted the firmware i used the following, if anyone needs a copy I have just done a USB Dump of my V8S Box.

OPENOX_V8S_3511HD_CMT_15081006B7.abs
Is there any link to download this firmware.. I am unable to find this firmware anywhere in internet. Please help..

What are the benefits of me upgrading the firmware on this box? My n-line went west a couple of months ago and I'm using it as a Freeview box at the moment.

Back