openbox v8s problems

Adamski86

Hi ive recently bought a openbox v8s, i had a free trial over the weekend and ive got a few more test lines to try before i decide which one to buy. So today i got the details of a new test line put it all into my box and the old test line provider keeps comin up rather than the new provider. All the channels are scrambled except the FTA channels. Some help would be very much appreciated as im pulling my hair out.

Hi ive recently bought a openbox v8s, i had a free trial over the weekend and ive got a few more test lines to try before i decide which one to buy. So today i got the details of a new test line put it all into my box and the old test line provider keeps comin up rather than the new provider. All the channels are scrambled except the FTA channels. Some help would be very much appreciated as im pulling my hair out.

Just delete the .cfg file and make a new one with info added.

Go to network settings, cam settings, delete the lines manually, reboot, check they have gone, create new .txt file, save as cccam.cfg (in file type make sure it says ALL FILES) upload via usb, should be good to go. good luck

if you still have your old providers cccam.cfg file open it up and delete his details and put your new providers details into it and save it then delete the old lines off your box manually then update by usb with that new cccam.cfg file

Ive dpne that mate its making no difference the new servers channels are not showing and it isn't showing them as a provider either. Under config files it says copy files to usb root, update! Does that have anything to do with it? Im new to all of this and aint got a clue

---------- Post Merged at 06:49 PM ----------

if you still have your old providers cccam.cfg file open it up and delete his details and put your new providers details into it and save it then delete the old lines off your box manually then update by usb with that new cccam.cfg file

How do i delete the old providers mate?

Once you upload the new file, go to network settings, cam settings, and check the lines are active. are you sure you have the right lines in the right place, are you using n or c lines?

To delete files, highlight them in settings and there should be a red x on the right, move to that and press ok

Once you upload the new file, go to network settings, cam settings, and check the lines are active. are you sure you have the right lines in the right place, are you using n or c lines?

Ive checked it and it says the line is active.
im using a n line. Ive gone to the ccamd and chosen newcamd and gone from there. Is that the right way about it?

Yeah if the line is active and they are green then it should be working. Do you have an up to date channel list? If it is up to date it must be something to do with your supplier

Yeah i updated the channel list earlier today. It dont help im a newbie, im also unable to delete the old providers i cant even get them up to delete

click here for nline tutorial, follow it closely and should be fine, it also has other troubleshooting on the page. The way explained should overwrite any lines already there

press menu move to the right network local setting it looks like a globe press ok move down to camds setup if you can not see this press 6666 then it should come up press ok on camds setup press ok on ccam client setup move down to manage config files press ok cccam.cfg press ok you are no on your line go to the server you want to delete press ok then the yellow button job done

Hello. New to the forum. I just installed an Openbox V8S on my existing KTI 10' mesh dish with C and Ku band Chapparal feedhorn, and I have no display. All I get is "No signal" on the screen. Is this normal for the V8S or is it faulty? There is no menu displayed when I push the menu on the remote. I have hooked the HDMI cable to a Blu-ray player and it works fine. The Blu-ray cable hooked to the V8S yields the same result of "no signal" and no display on the screen. What am I missing? The "Users Manual" is a joke and is no help.

Hello to all. I am new to FTA. I have a 10' KTI mesh dish with Chapparal dual feedhorn with C and Ku. LNB's This was originally attached to my 4DTV receiver. Can I plug the C band signal cable into the V8S box, or do I have to do something else? I was planning on using the 4DTV to move the dish and change the polarity to get the channels. When I hook up the V8S in that fashion, I get no signal output to the TV through the HDMI. Also, the box goes through the loading procedure, shows L100, then STRT and then displays NoCh and the box will not startup. NoCh stays on the box display and the TV also shows "No signal". I was hoping the Openbox was a plug and play system, but it looks like it isn't. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong and can I fix it? This is the second box I got from Amazon. I sent the first one back because it was doing the same thing. I assumed it was defective, but this box is doing the same thing. Any suggestions will be deeply appreciated. I am using SES-1 as the home satellite for the FTA channels. According to Lyngsat, there are a number of free channels on it.

If thats SES-1 at 101.0°W then you must be in North America, the openbox v8s is meant for Europe & has only European Sats stored in it's Satellite list. You would need to go into the sat list & add all the sats you want in the correct order and then blind scan each sat.
To add a Sat - on the remote Press "menu" - goto "installation" then "Satellite List", Press the green button to add a sat, then fill in the details for "Longitude" & "LNB Freq", (not sure what LNB setting you need for C Band, I think it''s 5150), set Diseqc 1.0 & 1.1 to "Disable", 22K - "Off", Polarity - "H/V" & Motor Type - "Off", & then OK to store, then use the 4DTV to move the dish to the Sat you've just stored & then when still in the "Satellite List" menu, highlight this Sat and press 4 on the remote to scan, set Scan Mode to "Blind Scan"
Each time you get a sat stored and scanned you should save your channel list to a USB, - goto "Tools" - "Dump By USB" - change "Dump Mode" to "Misc Files" - press OK on "Select & Dump" then OK on 1 TP_PROG.dbs & the yellow button to save.

If thats SES-1 at 101.0°W then you must be in North America, the openbox v8s is meant for Europe & has only European Sats stored in it's Satellite list. You would need to go into the sat list & add all the sats you want in the correct order and then blind scan each sat.
To add a Sat - on the remote Press "menu" - goto "installation" then "Satellite List", Press the green button to add a sat, then fill in the details for "Longitude" & "LNB Freq", (not sure what LNB setting you need for C Band, I think it''s 5150), set Diseqc 1.0 & 1.1 to "Disable", 22K - "Off", Polarity - "H/V" & Motor Type - "Off", & then OK to store, then use the 4DTV to move the dish to the Sat you've just stored & then when still in the "Satellite List" menu, highlight this Sat and press 4 on the remote to scan, set Scan Mode to "Blind Scan"
Each time you get a sat stored and scanned you should save your channel list to a USB, - goto "Tools" - "Dump By USB" - change "Dump Mode" to "Misc Files" - press OK on "Select & Dump" then OK on 1 TP_PROG.dbs & the yellow button to save.
Thanks for the comeback. I appreciate it. My problem is that I can't get the menu or anything else to come up on the receiver. It will count up to L100. then the display will show STRT; t;hen it displays NoCh. The box never turns on (no red led light on the panel). If I press the on button (no red light shows), it will go into "Load", count up to L100, STRT, then No Ch. Menu button won't bring up anything on the display on the TV. I think from the sound of it, I may as well junk this box and go with something else. Any recommentations?

Thanks so much for you help. It's too bad that they don't specify that something has been built primarily for a different part of the world. I will give the GT Media V7 a try. By the way, I am in Amarillo, Texas, USA.

The GTMEDIA SERIES also has PowerVu that gets you encrypted channels, you would need a sofcam list for this, (also on the Freesat forum), you need 10 posts on the forum to request channel & softcam lists, Good Luck.

Back