Openbox v8s se over the air firmware upgrade and channel upgrades

just like to say big thank you took the plunge and succesfully upgraded to above post i selected the irish and all okay here

Thanks for that. To be honest I never looked past the favourites.

Can i manually add these to the favourites sport section from the network update or create another sub header? (new to this and still learning what the box can do)

It's just a case of swapping them from one location to another, but as you're adept at loading channel lists, you'll be just as quick doing it the 'old fashioned way'!

This software is still on trial so bear with it, nothing is perfect first time around and there will be further developments so be a little patient and accept that perfection comes with trial and error [just look at my wife--she's No3 after getting rid of the beta models LOL]
Reaper.

v8s update

Use winrar to unzip file then put file onto key and follow the instructions you see when you download the howto file, also found above the network files.
Reaper.
i used winrar to unzip but it says its an ABS file so i cant do anything with it? im looking for TP such and such is this correct?

You need to install the .abs image file as normal and once installed and rebooted go into network settings and you will find the new software which you use to update channellist over the air.
Reaper.

Thanks thought may have something to do with unzipping file

---------- Post Merged at 11:46 PM ----------

Hi I unzipped the file and upgraded but the channels sky are still saying scambled any ideas I've got v8 box. Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 11:56 PM ----------

I've upgraded firm wear n rebooted still scambled?

Have you also downloaded the "howto" file from the same place.
Silly question--have you got a working line.
Reaper.

You need to install the .abs image file as normal and once installed and rebooted go into network settings and you will find the new software which you use to update channellist over the air.
Reaper.
hi ok i installed the ABS file and rebooted can you guide me through what to do now please. i tried to download the "how to" file but had no joy with it

---------- Post Merged at 09:45 PM ----------

Reaper.
hi ok i installed the ABS file and rebooted can you guide me through what to do now please. i tried to download the "how to" file but had no joy with it
ok i did it i dont know how but i did haha...only thing is all channels are showing in my favs and no channels showing in "all" any ideas?

I'll let you work that one out yourself lol
Can't understand these technical problems [especially simple ones.]:peace:
Reaper.

Very simple to do, but i have noticed or it could be purely coincidental, that the v8s box i have updated is connected by wifi, and although originally the signal strength has only been 45%, it has been very stable. However, since this upgrade it is bouncing between 17% & 25% and reguarly disconnecting. Any thoughts????

---------- Post Merged at 09:32 AM ----------

Does this work on the F5S?

can u help me please I have the v8s openbox is there a way of updating my channel list as I'm currently being charged for the updates £20 at a time and it's getting expensive it would mean a lot thanks

unzipped with winrar but can't find file when i go to upgrade by usb

don't panic the deed is done got it sorted

Last edited:
Back