Openbox V9S Help Please

Zebrasknee

Evening all

I bought a V9S from eBay and got done over (link for the saga so far.....)

I was initially provided some help via PM from someone who added me to their channel server so I could have the full array of channels back, however, its stopped working and now that person has also disappeared into thin air. Luckily, I hadn't paid him what he wanted for the year yet, but I'm beginning to wonder whether it was worth getting one of these as its just led to bad luck at every turn.

Obviously reading through the threads, it appears Reaper is the main admin here and I don't won't to go getting banned, so any initial advice from an admin would be appreciated, as I can see that people advertising their own servers get a slapped wrist.

My question - Is there a reliable way to get these channels on my box? or a way to find a reliable provider?

Admins, my apologies if asking for a provider is against forum rules, I'm just at my whits end with a wife and kids who don't have the TV they were going to have after I cancelled Sky....

Cheers all

Whilst Reaper is a very helpful and kind member, he isn't the Admin, that is HiTeck.
no-one is going to recommend in here, the place for that is in the recommend a server thread.
the way to get the most reliable server are in the first post of that thread, however, here is my two cents worth - get as many tests as you can and take time to evaluate them, then buy a month, then see how that went before you buy for a year.,

Wheelo

Apologies for the mix up with admins, hopefully HiTeck won't take it personally lol.

Thank you for the advise, will scout that thread now. I cancelled Sky because I'd heard how good these openbox's were and had nothing but trouble since, plus I'm getting a bit self conscious about the 'I told you so' looks from the better half ;-)

Definitely wouldn't let me loose as admin or a mod LOL
The problem with your whole episode is "they saw you coming" and the pound sign was twinkling away.
We are here on techkings to help each other, not play rip-off the newbie.
If you get a bad experience on here--then report it to Wheelo or another mod and they will be most responsive to you.
Reaper.

Last edited:
Wheelo

Apologies for the mix up with admins, hopefully HiTeck won't take it personally lol.

Thank you for the advise, will scout that thread now. I cancelled Sky because I'd heard how good these openbox's were and had nothing but trouble since, plus I'm getting a bit self conscious about the 'I told you so' looks from the better half ;-)
I was getting the 3rd degree from my mrs too before i bought my zgemma box, i asked in the recommended forum for a line & saw loads of super cheap offers for 13months in the end i went with a line an old friend recommended & trusts, i paid a bit more but has been great now for around 3months so far & after a few days of using the zgemma box i said to her.... "hows the tv?" & i had the last laugh & i got to say "i told you so!" to her for a change! Haha. This forum is very useful & have plenty of good members who will help you along the way.... dont give up we will get you threw this & keep looking for the light at the end of the tunnel.

sent from the past using my Zx Spectrum

Sorry Wheelo--had nothing to do with what you were thinking lol
The gent had contacted me in different threads [as you know] and others were getting involved so a single pm would have solved it, and hopefully has.
Cheers.
Reaper.

Back