Openbox VS5 bought, what next?

okay guys ive got box connected, wifi connected, free test line, usb formatted to fat32, coffee and glasses on how do i get code onto usb :whistling:

I have received my openbox and after fiddling around with it, found to my amazement everything set up for me. I just had to switch on, press FAV button and there it all was. So hopefully my luck will continue for the next couple of years.

There is one thing I would ask and that is "Will I have to update the channel list?"

hi lawley,first of all thanks to everyone replying,im a complete novice , a file popped up on screen saying test line a load of numbers with my name in the middle and expiry date ,so how do i get that on the hard drive sorry to be so twp

what is the file called newcamd.list?

if so just download the file to desktop and drag it onto your USB in my computer.

it came as a pop up on screen sorry to be so thick maybe its beyond my limited computer skills maybe i should just put the code in manually ,thanks

it came as a pop up on screen sorry to be so thick maybe its beyond my limited computer skills maybe i should just put the code in manually ,thanks

It shouldn't have just popped up on your screen without you double-clicking on something first.

Have a read of the text file I've written for adding C & N lines.

Attachments

• How to enter cline.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 30
got it ,running great now, couldnt have done it with out you all ,that text file was spot on ,i had to put it on manually in the end but its up and running, it was a nline ,thanks again drive

Hey guys, joining in the fun here. New Openbox V5S owner here. I *think* im clued up on what I need to do to get it all working. Fingers crossed. My evening sorted ;)

Please forgive any stupid questions i may need to ask later :)

I have just picked up my box and just in the middle of connecting it up

i will let you know how i get on as i am itching to put this on

Edit: well its all up and running vanilla mode, so all i have done is connect the wifi donglei have gotten with it and now scanning channels. now well, im stuck on what to do next, please help :grin:

Edit2: i got the normal channels i usually get up and the $ signs, do i need to then modify the box or can i get a cline, nline etc.. ?

Edit 3: got the menu up for camds setup and well now posted in request for a reliable server....also got the list text working so exactly like sky listings i think i may be ok :grin:

Last edited:
hi
im having the same trouble.. freeview channels fine everything else scrambled. I have no clue whats going on. item was described as plug and play

Please can you pm me where you bought your open box from and how much as yours sounds so easy.message is for bill1312

Hello gents just bought an openbox f5s
plugged in power, ethernet and hdmi but nowt happens .
Do i need to flash it before anything?
got a test line no channel list tho ... but cant even find a menu
any help much appreciated
cheers

Hello gents just bought an openbox f5s
plugged in power, ethernet and hdmi but nowt happens .
Do i need to flash it before anything?
got a test line no channel list tho ... but cant even find a menu
any help much appreciated
cheers

Do you get anything on the TV at all?

Anything on the front display?

Does anyone no the default password for system

---------- Post Merged at 07:12 PM ----------

Does anyone no the default password for system

default password for what connecting your box to lan tool or just a parental password ^^ paul3479

---------- Post Merged at 09:15 PM ----------

jahred so the tv has just a blank screen does it even load up with the logo on the screen ?

Back