OpenboxV8s set up

Muzzleloader

Registered
I have just received my Openbox from Amazon and find the instruction manual very poor. I tried connecting via Ethernet to my homehub but no joy. I then looked at YouTube and there was a mention in Network settings screen to press the number 6 key 6 times then I get further options. My WiFi home hub does not appear. Do I need a USB WiFi dongle.
Any help trying to set up much appreciated
Thanks
Muzz

Sponsored Links

the reaper

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
Just click on the file, download and open with winrar----I have checked it and all ok.
Reaper.

Muzzleloader

Registered
Reaper. Have extracted the file and can I access channels via WiFi or Ethernet or do I need to connect to a dish as well
Many thanks
Muzz

benijofar

Admin
Staff member
Forum Supporter
You need a connection to a dish for the openbox to be able to access any tv channels.
The internet connection is only to unscramble any locked channels after you purchase a line.

Muzzleloader

Registered
Thanks guys. I did not realise I would need a satalite cable so not sure how I can do this. Will have a look. Cheers
Muzz

the reaper

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
Didn't the words "satellite set top box" ring any bells? LOL
We're here when you get sorted.
Reaper.

AMK

Registered
I have an open box v8 it has been working but last night all my channels scrambled except freeview ones help

---------- Post Merged at 12:31 PM ----------

How do I purchase a line I purchases a gift 2 weeks ago and it unscrambled all my channels but know I'm back to square one