OPENVIX - Softcam issues - MGCAMD or OSCAM? (Zgemma H9 Twin)

bathbadger

Hi, I am looking for some help and advice please, on using MGCAMD or OSCAM.

I have a new Zgemma H9 Twin connected to twin sat feeds (Replacing my Zgemma H2s). OpenATV 6.4, ARMV7, Virtuosso image Xtreme (Team Vix) Image 5.3.032 (screen cap of info attached).

I have a reliable working sub for UK channels (Gold, Discovery etc) carried by Sky. These worked fine on my MGCAMD/Softcam on my old Zgemma H2s (using newcamd.list and mg_cfg)

For familiartity,I did an initial first build on the box on wooshbuild and my softcam all worked ok. I then did a new clean build on OPENVix, but I am unable to get any MGCAM working - I have tried 1.35a, 138 and 145. (I have been told 135a should work on an ARM box and was what i was previously using on my H2s).

Can I get it working on MGCAMD or should I be looking at OSCAM? I have never used OSCAM before and having loed at the server and Conf file, can't work out what details i need to transfer over fro newcamd.list. The OPENVix manual does not contain this information either.

TIA for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_8158.jpg
    IMG_8158.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
Mgcamd 1.35 or 1.38 will work with sat lines on that box but not with cable lines.
If it's not working with sat, you should check whether the line has expired.
Oscam will work with sat and vm on that box but again, lines have to be live, expired ones dont work on any box

Mgcamd 1.35 or 1.38 will work with sat lines on that box but not with cable lines.
If it's not working with sat, you should check whether the line has expired.
Oscam will work with sat and vm on that box but again, lines have to be live, expired ones dont work on any box
I plugged in my old H2S and lines cleared ok

Ok, been messing about with this all afternoon after installing 135 and 138 and reading the comprehensive willobuild guide. I have the mg_cfg and newcamd.list files in the /usr/keys directory. But I still can get it to work. Is there logging I can switch on to see if it flags up any issues? Is it worth giving Oscam a go?

Ok, been messing about with this all afternoon after installing 135 and 138 and reading the comprehensive willobuild guide. I have the mg_cfg and newcamd.list files in the /usr/keys directory. But I still can get it to work. Is there logging I can switch on to see if it flags up any issues? Is it worth giving Oscam a go?
Look at my guides

Having failed miserably at trying to setup OSCAM (thank you for your guide Mosibeth), I gave Pure2 a go, to rule out any platform clash with the same result using Mgcamd. I plugged in my old H2s and checked lines were clearing ok and recopied over the mg_cfg and newcamd.list but no joy. I may go back to woosh and have to do some more experimentation with OSCAM, but its fried my small brain. I'm more frustrated why i can't get it to work TBH, as clearly other people are fine.

Having failed miserably at trying to setup OSCAM (thank you for your guide Mosibeth), I gave Pure2 a go, to rule out any platform clash with the same result using Mgcamd. I plugged in my old H2s and checked lines were clearing ok and recopied over the mg_cfg and newcamd.list but no joy. I may go back to woosh and have to do some more experimentation with OSCAM, but its fried my small brain. I'm more frustrated why i can't get it to work TBH, as clearly other people are fine.

Sat tuner could be jiggered?
I'd send it back if I were you, you wouldn't be the first, or 91st

In that case its not the tuner.
That leaves the line or the line location.
What type of line is/was it when you got it?
C, N or CWS?
Where did you put it?

It's a CWS. I have an Mg_cfg and newcamd.list. both are in /usr/keys. These both work on my old H2s and when i first did an install using woosh on my H9 Twin.

Well, what can I say, this is why TK is just the best forum! All now sorted and up and working. The legend that is moshibeth remotely saved my sanity last night and spent a number of hours troubleshooting and in the end providing me with a custom build which operates sweet as a nut and loads in seconds. I learnt a few things along the way too. Thanks all for your help, but a massive shout out to moshibeth - superstar mate, thanks again :)

Back