OpenVPN - losing the will to live!

ryanplym

Hi All

I have been on this since Monday from 4pm though to 11pm and getting nowhere. If anyone can help and get this fixed I will be more than happy to pay you! I am so frustrated now.

Equipment: Zgemma Star 2S
VPN Provider: GetFlix

What I have done:

1. Downloaded the OPVN files from the VPN supplier
2. Created a file named pass.txt
3. Used notepad ++, opened the OPVN file and changed auth-user-pass to auth-user-pass /etc/openvpn/pass.txt

4. saved the file as client.conf (Made sure the extention was conf and not conf.opvn)
5. Uploaded the client.conf and pass.txt file to etc/openvpn
6. Switched over to the Zgemma box, clicked menu -> system -> setup -> network -> openvpn setup

7. Clicked yes to the prompt "Are you ready to install openvpn"
8. Pressed the green button to start

An animated loading screen appears at the top left hand corner and then disspears and the status remains at stopped. When I exit out of the software and go back into it again, I keep getting asked the same question to install openvpn

The CA is embedded in the config.conf file

I have tried putty and OPKG update but the update fails as I get a 404 error saying it is unable to update via openvix.co.uk (I belive they are no longer supporting this image)

Additionally, I have manually downloaded openvpn_2.0.9-2_mipsel.ipk and placed this into the /tmp folder and tried installing it using the Zgemma VIX install local extension but I keep getting errors saying it needs other files (liblzo).

I am really stuck and could really do with someones help. I will be forever in your debt.

Thanks

Yes please post how to get it working, its driving me nuts trying to get it to work.
I got mine working in the end following the original guide mate, mine was a very basic error of not using the specific username/password in the pass.txt file.
You will have a username/password for the providers site but it's the one you create for the specific country you are using you need.

At this point in the guide...........make sure when you've uploaded the files to the box (I use Filezilla) that you also edit the filename of the conf.opvn file to just read conf.conf as per the example below - I'm using France for mine and changed it to France.conf. When you've done it you should see the file type change to CONF just to the right of the name of it.
4. saved the file as client.conf (Made sure the extention was conf and not conf.opvn)
5. Uploaded the client.conf and pass.txt file to etc/openvpn

Hope it works for you.

hi im using a venton unibox with vix 4e2 build 4.0.0 image on it. however when i exit out of the openvpn setup the vpn stops running, i have vpn through pia. can anyone recommend an image where openvpn works properly or a solution for this image im using.

Hi Sorry for the delay getting back to you

Found out the current image is corrupt so I had to flash with a new image.

Although now when I connect to the VPN. The logs say its connected but I am not getting any channels its black. Tried wget -qO- http://ipecho.net/plain;echo with VPN disabled and I can see my own IP address but when connected to the vpn it says wget: bad address 'ipecho.net'

Confused?

hi im using a venton unibox with vix 4e2 build 4.0.0 image on it. however when i exit out of the openvpn setup the vpn stops running, i have vpn through pia. can anyone recommend an image where openvpn works properly or a solution for this image im using.
Same issue as I had - check my post #7 and see if any of that helps you.

If your server is getting blackouts every game find a new provider. You don't actually need a vpn if your server has one there end... find someone who knows what there doing and the service runs smoothly.
That's exactly what's happening, i was told i needed to install a VPN on my box but seem's far too technical for me.

Same issue as I had - check my post #7 and see if any of that helps you.
I'm using pia and I'm not too sure how to use the conf file. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm at this for days now.
I have a client. conf file
password. conf file
And 2 files from pia which I put onto the box through FileZilla.
The log on openvpn says I don't have tun directory.
To be honest I'm unsure how to solve this at all

Back