OpenVPN on OpenATV 7.2

ghostdog

Is anyone else having issues with Open ATV7.2 and OpenVPN on a ZGemma9Twin? I am running 7.1 and all is well but because it is no longer supported with updates I am trying out 7.2 in another slot. Everything works great except I can't get OpenVPN to connect. Anybody found this too or have a solution?
Cheers
Steve

Is anyone else having issues with Open ATV7.2 and OpenVPN on a ZGemma9Twin? I am running 7.1 and all is well but because it is no longer supported with updates I am trying out 7.2 in another slot. Everything works great except I can't get OpenVPN to connect. Anybody found this too or have a solution?
Cheers
Steve
Is the vpn working on 7.1

Is the vpn working on 7.1
Yep, everything fine on 7.1 and previous 6.4, 7.0 etc. Just 7.2 is the problem. I have a feeling it might be a change in SSL and a certificate issue or python support for OpenVPN. Tried the obvious for authentication credentials, openvpnauth, pass.file, manually adding etc but no luck. Have tried different nightly 7.2 downloads and still the same and even did another 7.1 from scratch and worked fine. Seems to be 7.2 :-(

Yep, everything fine on 7.1 and previous 6.4, 7.0 etc. Just 7.2 is the problem. I have a feeling it might be a change in SSL and a certificate issue or python support for OpenVPN. Tried the obvious for authentication credentials, openvpnauth, pass.file, manually adding etc but no luck. Have tried different nightly 7.2 downloads and still the same and even did another 7.1 from scratch and worked fine. Seems to be 7.2 :-(
Do a full backup on 7.1 then flash and restore 7.2 on a different partition/slot

Tested OpenTV 7.2 with purevpn and it seems to work.

Check if your provider configs have been updated

Incase it's relevant OpenTV 7.2 uses OpenSSL 3.07

In one of the configs can you add

tls-cipher "DEFAULT:@SECLEVEL=0"

If this works then digibit need to update configs.

Last edited:
I think you can add it to the openssl.cnf so you don't need to edit all (probably not recommended)

etc/ssl/openssl.cnf

I would just edit most used config files

Yeh, me too. I uploaded a "new" openssl.cnf and openssl-cnf.patch, even though the "+CipherString" already exists and still not working! I have edited a couple of config files that i use for a work around
Cheers

Back