Opinion on current most stable and least memory intensive Sky like build

My dad moved out recently and new house has no dish so he gifted his box to the new owners, of course I got the gig of showing them how the box works.

As it had been off a few months I updated it, it was running iPab and had been reliable, no regular call outs to update and fix stuff, just restart and it would be working again. I updated as the IPTV needed a new version adding, but also ITVHD was missing from the sat channels. It went wrong, horrible line up so I put Wooshbuild on. Using latest 6.1 OpenATV whcih was August 18th from memory.

On boot up it all works fine but felt far more sluggish, the lock was also 1 hour fast. Bit weird.

SO what is the best current build that's reliable and quick to use.? What would you suggest. I dont want to be back and forth but also woudl like to introduce the new folk to the zGemma and everything it has to offer.

Is iPab finished now?

Last edited by a moderator:
H2s is old old old now
So your better running bare back as much as possible

Sky "look" forget about that blue menus don't add anything
Is there not 6.3/6.4 for the h2s might be to heavy for it

Yes I was thinking it used to work ok but more recently they struggle, maybe an older firmware but that 'just works' the updates seem to gradually slow the boxes down without adding any noticeable improvements! I have a H7s in my lounge and a H2s in the bedroom. The difference is incredible.

I have setup a few H.2S boxes recently with OpenATV 6.4, WooshBuild Infinity & SkyQ V3.500 or MetrixHD skin, without issues.

I run a h2s with grogbuild on using slyk1hd skin. it is an old box (pulled mine down from loft when cable died) but it works for sat but wouldn't dream of putting iptv on it. even if removing all the unecessary plugins. as said above, I use firestick for IPTV.

H2s is old old old now
So your better running bare back as much as possible

Sky "look" forget about that blue menus don't add anything
Is there not 6.3/6.4 for the h2s might be to heavy for it
6.4 running on mine OK & no spinning disc, you're right though as best running bare bones & have now given up on builds on it. At least setting it all up yourself I think you learn a bit as well.

I went to free range on both the h7 and h2s and seems fine, took some of the extras I don’t need back off. it running on latest operate as part of the install so 6.4.
seems quicker than it was before so happy for now. Sat and iptv running fine, along with each box being mounted to one another To access each other’s recordings.

Yep even found that carrying out my weekly update of ATV software can cause issues & bring back the spinning wheel. Like many have said, H2S OK for basics but can no longer cope with much else.

Back