Opinions sought

grahamer67

TK Veteran
Ok, so last monday i posted about an iptv provider who's service i had taken out, i was very insting to this provider and his service which i should not have been, as other members are using his service without any problems, i also had several email conversations with this guy, where i thought at the time that he was a bit abrupt and terse with me, but looking back as regards to my 1st email to him, i think it certainly should have been phrased alot better than it was, it was not meant to be cheeky or insulting as it came across, so i think the provider was only meeting fire with fire, so to speak, i am not trying to make excuses as i have none, but my post and emails were born out of iptv frustration in general, i also deleted the email details of this guy, so i would like to apologise unreservedly and sincerely to this provider for the things i said and accused him of, i would like to stress these said actions do not reflect me in general, now please bear with me and i am sorry for this lengthy post.
It was pointed out to me at the time from both the provider and an esteemed TK Veteran that my web safe virus may have been responsible for the issue which i disputed, i will explain further in a moment, firstly i would like to point out what i did not get to say at the time is that my web safe has been turned off for over 3 months now, so i knew it could not have been it, but now here is my query, i have 3 of my sons currently using an iptv service from another techkings member, all using a 2nd gen firestick, 2 of them using perfect player and the other an stb emulator, all 3 are very happy with the service, alas this provider does not provide a service for xtream editor on a zgemma, as he said its a hassle to set up.In all 3 of my sons cases their websafes are still on and not causing them any problems. Then yesterday i was helping a friend get his motorised system back up and running as he has recently moved house, i then checked out his iptv which is from a
different provider again, he is using smart iptv ap on his tv, again it works well and also his websafe is all still on, so i would like to know members opinions on whether they think websafe needs to be on or off for iptv services to work properly, i know it needs to be off to download and re flash the likes of wooshbuild and to download various plugins, any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated as i think in my case xtream editor may have caused my problem, but not sure, i have been using one of my sons firestick for the last 3 days as he has been away and it has worked perfectly, sorry about the essay, thanks to anyone that reads this post and once again a big sorry to the original provider for what i said and for not giving you a proper chance to help me sort it out.

@grahamer67
I am glad to see that you reconsidered the situation referred to above.
Every provider on here deserves the benefit of the doubt until evidence to the contrary is provided.
I did tell you that in a lot of cases websafe/security is being turned back on by ip's without the users knowledge.
In a lot of cases this seems to affect xtream plugin a lot more than script iptv so we assume that there is something the ip's can detect which is different.
It may be the ip address of the server on their system whereas smart tv server is not banned.
None of us know the full workings of how ip's can detect these services but it is always wise to exhaust every possible avenue before deciding that the provider is at fault.
A great deal of patience and perseverance is required in this game most of the time.

Yes i understand what your saying and i appreciate it, my websafe has been off for over 3 months, but i do know that there are other reasons why the server has not worked for me, i have spent some time thinking over what happened last week and it was really not my true nature coming across.

IPTV can be a funny thing i recently swapped my zgemma i55 for a mag box and my iptv kept disconnecting every half an hour. i knew it as not my server as it has always worked i knew it was nothing to do with internet speeds and connection. And my websafe settings are all switched off.

so in the end i changed my own router back to the one supplied by the ISP and everything has gone back to normal and working fine.

This is one of the reasons why I don't like IPTV, there are far too many variables.
There's too many variables in Sat and Cable - dish alignment, crappy cabling, connections and splitters, not to mention software problems such as out of date builds, softcams and drivers, piss poor power levels in the router/modem and a hundred and one combinations of these. Once you start adding in internet speeds and connections, VPN's, broadband supplier blocks, plugins, scripts and another hundred and one combinations of these along with the other hundred and one mentioned earlier, it's a minefield.
Also, everyone and his dog usually starts each query with 'It can't be my end because I'm paying for 500mb broadband, fix it, make it happen, do eeeet' usually accompanied with an emoji of a shaking fist whilst simultaneously refusing to follow any advice make it an impossibility - nine people can take a IPTv sub from the same server on the same day, three will say it's the worst they've ever seen, three will say it's mediocre and the other three will say it's the best IPTV they've ever seen, these are the variables kicking in.

Attempting to explain to people who are shaking their head before they've finished reading the reply is a waste of time as they always know best, until they realise they didn't really.
As @benijofar says, no provider is going to offer something that doesn't work - it does work - it may not work for you, and this is 99% certain to be at the client end, offering non working lines is a pointless exercise from any provider

It makes me realise more, the difficulties and pressures of being a provider, from here on in I for one will be taking a lot more time, patience and understanding into how it all works and the various factors that go into it.

The whole point of a test is to see if it works for you. I know of some big servers if you are on talktalk as your isp they will not supply you. I have also noticed other little quirks with my mag box i have to restart the portal everyday otherwise it will play up.

If i was a supplier i would not supply anyone who dose not have a wired connection as you are going to get problems.

I was using xtream editor on a zgemma h2h and i think this somehow just didnt work properly, I borrowed one of my sons firesticks as he went on holiday and it worked this last 4 or 5 days without a hitch, only use it to watch RTE while the world cup is on , but its been good on anything else i tried, i posted the 1st post to see what other members thought as far as xtream editor was concerned, but as has been stated, there are so many possible factors and reasons involved ,I am a vm internet user and its always been 1st class.

xtream editor was excellent on my zgemma i55 when i had it. I have seen posts where people cannot see a code for their supplier.

TBH I used xtream a couple of years ago and had lots of problems with mac changing and various niggles so changed to the script method and had no problems since. That was my experience with xtream,yet others say it is fine. But as benijofar and Pablo have said there are numerous reasons why you could be having issues and it is not always the provider.I would however turn off anything to do with websafe etc as this will cause issues.

Cheers mate, yes everything has been off for quite awhile now, so xtream editor caused problems for you, i suspect it may have been the issue here too.

which image are you using? many suppliers advise on using open atv and just keep it up to date. I would not be using large images such as vix for iptv. My advice is use a open atv and just add the plugins required. you do not need stuff like cache flush and swap files. you only really need extreme editor if your supplier requires you to use it. set up your usb for EPG and do the sky skin if you want.

It takes a lot for you box to run IPTV so don't clog it up with stuff you don't really need.

Let's just sort this out quickly...

Were you using the xtream plugin, which requires your MAC address, or the Xtreme editor plugin, where you can sort out all your channels in to the order you want (or if it's provider by the supplier, they give you a code to enter in to your plugin), and it gives you the channels in bouquets, just like normal tv on e2 boxes?

It was xtreme editor, i was only trying it for a few channels that i could not get on cable, i think the xtreme was causing the problem as i now have a service running on a 2nd gen firestick, that is doing the job, i plan to take another look at the xtreme editor at a later date.

Why do people not learn from others and take a test and just a month by month sub until happy with the provider.

Let's just sort this out quickly...

Were you using the xtream plugin, which requires your MAC address, or the Xtreme editor plugin, where you can sort out all your channels in to the order you want (or if it's provider by the supplier, they give you a code to enter in to your plugin), and it gives you the channels in bouquets, just like normal tv on e2 boxes?
I think you will find it is the extreme editor plugin with a code provided by the supplier as suppliers don't to give to much information away nowadays.I think sometimes the code dose not show once installed. normally you just re-flash the image, then reset your router and install the plugin again.

Back