Options/ideas for SkyQ and c/s setup.

Cannot believe the amount of people constantly putting repeated requests for satellite 28e knowing its not stable or very little working. Most post asking same thing get replies and still request trials :flushed:

Cable ties or tape is not really good idea
There is multisat bracket that fits a zone 1
Zone 2 satellite dish Then you could add l.n.b for 13 19 28

do you have a link at all for one that would fit sky’s zone 1 dish? I’ve seen a few on eBay and asked them, but they’ve all said no.

Would a Sky Q LNB fit onto a non-Sky dish? From what I've been told, the Sky LNBs are optimised for elliptical dishes.

So, I'm wondering if one of those amazon/ebay zone 2 dishes would be compatible with a multi LNB holder that can hold the Sky Q LNB too?

The multi l.n.b holders are for 40 mm colar
L.n.bs The sky q l.n.b is less then 40mm
You can purchase sky q l.n.b with 40mm
Colar

Just an update, which someone else may find useful in the future.

When I booked in the sky visit, I told them over the phone that I’m still using my old sky HD boxes. The sky engineer came down last week, and replaced my old hybrid lnb with the newer model as the old one was a bit knackered and that has sorted out my signal issues. The engineer said if you warn them beforehand they’ll put the hybrid lnb in for you.

@1vincent the lnb that you bought, was that a 37mm or 40mm?

Got a picture or model number of new one as everybody said they stopped doing them.

It's the EL028 (on the right below). So this one has 2 Q ports and 4 legacy ports.

The old one I had before was the EL010, that one had 6 ports which would automatically detect whether the box needed a wideband or legacy lnb feed - which explains why my zgemma worked on every port. The only thing I'm not sure with the old lnb is if it could handle more than one Sky Q box.

1620650355224.png

Last edited:
Just an update, which someone else may find useful in the future.

When I booked in the sky visit, I told them over the phone that I’m still using my old sky HD boxes. The sky engineer came down last week, and replaced my old hybrid lnb with the newer model as the old one was a bit knackered and that has sorted out my signal issues. The engineer said if you warn them beforehand they’ll put the hybrid lnb in for you.

@1vincent the lnb that you bought, was that a 37mm or 40mm?

This was the 1 i got for the Sky fitter to install when he came to install Sky Q for me.

Visiblewave Hybrid LNB 6 Output Hybrid LNB | 2 x Wideband + 4 x Quad | For use with Sky Q, Sky+, SkyHD or Freesat: Amazon.co.uk

from my own experience, i requested a universal lnb so i could continue to get freesat through my tv, sky informed me that they would action this for the install. when the engineer arrived, she said she had no knowledge of my preference & staed she did not carry a universal lnb on her van. so i told her i wasn't interested & that she could forget it & go to her next job. she miraculously discovered a quad universal lnb on the van, that she had somehow missed & fitted it without any further issue.

Back