OSCam freezes

XSONY_NGUX

TK Veteran
Getting constant freezes was fine before but recently don't know what has happened provider said server is fine.

Using OpenVix on a HD51 with the emu version of OSCam.

If someone has a good config please can they message me?

I am using the one by Willo at the moment.

If you're using Willo's config it's probably the line. Others having the same problem makes it more likely not less IMO.

Mgcamd is more forgiving of iffy lines but that isn't an option on a 4k ARM box. Cccam works on atv but is no better (at least not on my line).

If you're using Willo's config it's probably the line. Others having the same problem makes it more likely not less IMO.

Mgcamd is more forgiving of iffy lines but that isn't an option on a 4k ARM box. Cccam works on atv but is no better (at least not on my line).
I was assuming the same thing... I wanted to try the newest OSCam version but got into a bootloop on installing it on OpenVix

I was assuming the same thing... I wanted to try the newest OSCam version but got into a bootloop on installing it on OpenVix

Mgcamd is possible on the box you have but not using that build.
I believe Blackhole or pure2 allows you you to use mgcamd lines on 4K boxes, it may be your best bet as oscam appears to have gone into meltdown for some reason

Yep - working on my Gigablue UHD UE 4K.

Slightly annoying thing is that I found an ARM version 3 months ago on a different forum and couldn't get it to work, but I just tried that one too and it worked this time.

Turns out all along I had a typo in the newcamd.list file! The bit where it goes 01 02 .... 14 was wrong and I hadn't noticed. Some of the numbers were switched around somehow. So I could have been using it for the last three months....

It will work on the GB QUAD 4K too as that receiver is 99% identical barring a slightly bigger display and an extra socket or too on the back of the QUAD. All the chips are the same and they share drivers. It should also work on the Mutant HD51 (based on CPU model).

Last edited:
Yep - working on my Gigablue UHD UE 4K.

Slightly annoying thing is that I found an ARM version 3 months ago on a different forum and couldn't get it to work, but I just tried that one too and it worked this time.

Turns out all along I had a typo in the newcamd.list file! The bit where it goes 01 02 .... 14 was wrong and I hadn't noticed. Some of the numbers were switched around somehow. So I could have been using it for the last three months....

It will work on the GB QUAD 4K too as that receiver is 99% identical barring a slightly bigger display and an extra socket or too on the back of the QUAD. All the chips are the same and they share drivers. It should also work on the Mutant HD51 (based on CPU model).
ive spoken to someone five mins ago who tried it on Mutant HD51 4K box and it didnt work

Did you supply or check the mg_cfg file? A lot of the example ones are not set for newcamd
I.e., not set as
G: { 01 }

Just updating this for reference. Been using mgcamd on Gigablue 4k arm box (on Vix) for a month and it's been great.

In case this catches anybody else out - if you reflash and restore plugins, it won't work. The softcam and key files are there but the symlinks put there by the original install are gone. You just need to reinstall the plugin and it will be OK again, you won't have to put your line back in.

I installed the amended mgcamd plugin, after reboot it stopped my box booting up. The progress bar on the lcd display stops at around 60% and the TV screen stays at loading openvix and is unresponsive. I'll have to reflash it.
Mutant HD51 (Arm) Openvix 5.0.032

Back