Satellite Oscam Versions

Dusted

Hi,

Recently following the demise of vm on cs, I thought it would be a great idea to revert back my softcam to Mgcam as I was only using it for the remaining channels on 28.2. I've decided to go back to Oscam to see if it's more stable as i've had quite a bit of glitching and freezing lately but I actually don't think it's down to the provider.

The thing I can't figure out is which version of Oscam to download from the softcam feeds in OpenATV, i remember it having ip4 only but that's all I remember.

Please can someone advise as this is something that has rattled my brain every time I've installed Oscam in the past.

Many Thanks :smiley:

You need to go with the latest version of
Oscam Nearily sure the latest version of
Oscam trunk has the latest patch
With a good server Proper configuration
Should help (y)

You need to go with the latest version of
Oscam Nearily sure the latest version of
Oscam trunk has the latest patch
With a good server Proper configuration
Should help (y)
Is there any real difference between Softcam emu, stable and trunk versions?
Which is the 'best' one to use?
I have always used Oscam-emu, but have switched between them to test, although I have not yet noticed any difference...

Last edited:
Is there any real difference between Softcam emu, stable and trunk versions?
Which is the 'best' one to use?
I switch between them, but have not yet noticed any difference...
This was also what I was wondering too before I download the latest as recommended by linesman66. Also thanks linesman66 for the info above (y) :smiley:

Thanks everyone I have now installed the latest OScam trunk as recommended. Just one more question, will the config file still be the same which is available in the resources section or will this be different now following the demise of vm cs?

Actually i'm now sorted as I followed the most up to date guide that i could find on the forum, then just disabled the vm reader :smiley:

Back