Oscam

have to agree with grog68, used cccam then Mgcamd then Oscam in recent years, continue to use Oscam for most systems without issues, never understood the drive to get MG working on ARM systems other than to aid those who haven't used Oscam & struggled to set it up correctly.

Last edited:
I did have softcam setup but it hardly ever worked and C lines wouldn't start/restart

So i installed mgcamd 1.38 manually, this created softcam panel which works fine:

but mgcamd is installed with grogbuild fr, as well as cccam and oscam, having two different versions installed can't be helping as one is older than the other.

The first one above is the only one that is required on Grogbuild FR and works on both arm and mispel boxes

my CWS line is in newcamd.list in usr/keys
if i restart mgcam in the 'new' softcam setup, there's no details, no ecm times, nothing, and apart from that it's a lottery as to whether the cam starts or not, most times it doesn't.
using softcam panel I get details, ecm times and can see whether it's started or not

I'm a little confused about the new setup for cams on ATV because I haven't tried it.
As I understand it there is no softcam manager in InfoPanel anymore? Or is there if you install the old feed?

Installing the new feed and downloading cams from plugins creates a softcam manager in Decryption and Parental?
.... Will the new softcam manager still work with cams installed by ipk rather than from the feeds?

I installed FR about 2 weeks ago
couldn't get softcams to show ecm's etc so i installed a mgcamd feed posted by @dsayers2014 in the h2h softcam thread last month
this created softcam panel.
now when i press red button i have the choice of panel or setup:

So it creates the old Info Panel Softcam Manager then.
Hopefully it will be a bit simpler if and when ViX adopts it :fearscream:

I'm a little confused about the new setup for cams on ATV because I haven't tried it.
As I understand it there is no softcam manager in InfoPanel anymore? Or is there if you install the old feed?

Installing the new feed and downloading cams from plugins creates a softcam manager in Decryption and Parental?
.... Will the new softcam manager still work with cams installed by ipk rather than from the feeds?
On my boxes,, I have the softcam setup in both info panel and Decryption and Parental but they are both the same, I suspect they had it in both possitions initialy and then removed it from infopanel after I flashed as I know of others that don't have it in info panel. I don't have the old soffcam manager that Pablo has installed since flashing grogbuild FR. I'm not sure how/why he has got that to appear.

as i said, I couldn't see any ECM times or any other details so installed the ipk uploaded last month, this installed mgcamd1.38 which works, it also created softcam panel and i use this so i can see ecm times etc:

Attachments

• Softcam-feed.zip
    668 KB · Views: 16
ye me too pablo i done a software update and ended up with the new softcam setup and had no ecm times showing are ewt so i just restored my settings and got the old softcam panel back

using softcam panel, yes.
using softcam-setup, no
in the latter, there is a blue info button that does nothing whatsoever when using mgcam, if using oscam etc it comes up with masses of info but nothing at all if using mgcamd, just an X in corner of the screen

Can you not see ecm times in the infobar of the skin?
not with the latest softcams when using mgcamd, on oscam you can , can't understand why you wouldn't use oscam if you want access to info about your line/server.

not with the latest softcams when using mgcamd, on oscam you can , can't understand why you wouldn't use oscam if you want access to info about your line/server.

I never use anything but oscam, I just wondered what the sudden upsurge of interest in Mgcamd and CCcam for 4K boxes was all about.
I thought it may be because oscam wasn't working with the new ATV softcam setup for some reason?

I've just online updated my box for the first time in ages. (H9T using Wooshbuild Infinity)

Had to install latest softcam feed (4.3) from the ipk in resources.

Installed mgcamd 1.38 from plugins (was previously using 1.35 on old softcam panel)

For me the ECMs are shown in Softcam setup via info panel and decryption and parental control (where Pablo just has a blank space)

Could the problem be skin related? I'm using VM2-HD by Chabs if that helps.

P.S. i was previously using Oscam which worked really well for a time. At first I was getting some glitching but then I installed the config file from Willo's softcam toolkit and that made a big difference on problem channels (no idea why!).

Last edited:
I've had odd issues with my cable lines with oscam (both ATV and VIX on my uno4k) for the last few months and tried various config files, switched to mgcamd a few weeks ago and no issues. Weather this is a server issue I'm not sure as I've seen people saying suppliers need to update their configs but mgcamd works fine.

For the info to show in softcam setup on ATV it is a skin issue but using second infobar should be fine. Software updates will probably cause issues if using old softcam panel.

Last edited:
my CWS line is in newcamd.list in usr/keys
if i restart mgcam in the 'new' softcam setup, there's no details, no ecm times, nothing, and apart from that it's a lottery as to whether the cam starts or not, most times it doesn't.
using softcam panel I get details, ecm times and can see whether it's started or not
Use a different skin or get your skin author to adapt theirs

This is a skin issue. May I suggest you add a custom skin module via your scripts for kiddac's skins?

The skin details were added here for MetrixHD
add screen SoftCamSetup thx willy01 · openatv/MetrixHD@3982db5

Here for the emergency skin
Add Softcamsetup · oe-alliance/oe-alliance-e2-skindefault@64b093b

Back