outdoor tv?

lamblamb

TK Veteran
hi folks,

im looking for a cheap - mid range tv 40-50" to be used outside.

it will be undercover but i would need something with a high brightness/contrast preferably

maybe a matt screen rater than gloss if these are still a thing?

anyone recommend anything , preferably something thats available on amazon spain rather than uk 😜

hi folks,

im looking for a cheap - mid range tv 40-50" to be used outside.

it will be undercover but i would need something with a high brightness/contrast preferably

maybe a matt screen rater than gloss if these are still a thing?

anyone recommend anything , preferably something thats available on amazon spain rather than uk 😜
It’s the nits count that affects brightness on a TV.
The higher the better if you want it bright.
Samsung have a new anti-glare coating on some of this years models which is a matte finish.

I work as a salesman at an AV store so I have some thoughts to share.

First, I would avoid QLED TV’s for outdoors as they aren’t as bright as the Neo-QLEDs (Mini-LEDs). The Samsung Q80C is widely considered the best QLED TV in Samsung’s lineup and it only has around 800 nits peak brightness while sporting a full-array backlight. Anything below that in Samsung’s lineup and you’re shopping edge-lit models which are even dimmer.

Samsung have an outdoor TV they call The Terrace that pushes 1500 nits. It is very expensive for the specs it provides, mind you.

That being said, I recommend you look into Mini-LED TVs, as those tend to be the brightest (at the cost of some contrast).

Samsung’s QN90C can do around 1700 nits peak brightness.

If looking for something more budget-oriented, Hisense’s U8KM series can do peak 1500 nits brightness.

I can’t recommend The Frame for outdoors. Once again, very expensive given the specs and its features won’t do well outside (low peak brightness, external box for HDMI connections)

Hope this helps!

I work as a salesman at an AV store so I have some thoughts to share.

First, I would avoid QLED TV’s for outdoors as they aren’t as bright as the Neo-QLEDs (Mini-LEDs). The Samsung Q80C is widely considered the best QLED TV in Samsung’s lineup and it only has around 800 nits peak brightness while sporting a full-array backlight. Anything below that in Samsung’s lineup and you’re shopping edge-lit models which are even dimmer.

Samsung have an outdoor TV they call The Terrace that pushes 1500 nits. It is very expensive for the specs it provides, mind you.

That being said, I recommend you look into Mini-LED TVs, as those tend to be the brightest (at the cost of some contrast).

Samsung’s QN90C can do around 1700 nits peak brightness.

If looking for something more budget-oriented, Hisense’s U8KM series can do peak 1500 nits brightness.

I can’t recommend The Frame for outdoors. Once again, very expensive given the specs and its features won’t do well outside (low peak brightness, external box for HDMI connections)

Hope this helps!
it does indeed (y)

so all i need to do now is find a budget mini-led tv with the highest nits (y)

@yoboi420 if you fancy a look on amazon.es for the equivalent model i'll love you to bits :laughing:

Last edited:
shit a brick, ive just seen the price of a u8 on amazon uk :LOL: £1140 for 55" and i cant see one any smaller.

looking for 40" to 50" max but as its only to leave outside to be used occasionally i cant spend that sort of dough.

needs to be available from EU aswell as i'll need it to be delivered to Spain.

shit a brick, ive just seen the price of a u8 on amazon uk :LOL: £1140 for 55" and i cant see one any smaller.

looking for 40" to 50" max but as its only to leave outside to be used occasionally i cant spend that sort of dough.

needs to be available from EU aswell as i'll need it to be delivered to Spain.
As far as I know, the smallest mini-LED on the market right now is the 43” QN90C. It is relatively expensive.

back to the drawing board then :LOL:

max i can justify for a tv thats going to be used rarely is £500 an thats pushing it :unsure:
You might battle brightness issues but given the tight budget I would then look into:

50Q80C
43Q60C or 50Q60C
43CU8000 or 50CU8000

Note that the further down the list, the more dim they are and the more chances are they will struggle in outdoor conditions.

Back