Panasonic Remote controls issue

cactikid

VIP Member
Wanted to play some music on my dvd and nothing worked opened it up and batteries Duracell leaking inside , prongs were clean new batteries in and dead no signal.
Can fumes play havoc inside as not opened it yet.

Panasonic RC2911201/01 IR3 Blu-Ray Disc Player Remote Control for N2QAYB000710

Wanted to play some music on my dvd and nothing worked opened it up and batteries Duracell leaking inside , prongs were clean new batteries in and dead no signal.
Can fumes play havoc inside as not opened it yet.

Panasonic RC2911201/01 IR3 Blu-Ray Disc Player Remote Control for N2QAYB000710
batteries leaking where to you think fluid went into your remote control so you need to open that up and clean circuit board but your post is confusing , but new remotes available on ebay that don't cost to much or evan APP from playstore that may help untill you get remote sorted or awaiting replacment
Panasonic Bluray Remote – Apps on Google Play if that helps :smiley:

As the remote was sitting down on flat surface most was on the slide off base and very little in the remote or access inside. I have other remotes and contacts are dirty from leaking batteries. This remote was having clean terminals with slight leakage downwards.
I was looking on Amazon and Ebay and searches and only seen from China or USA
What would you use to clean the remote when i get it open as need to find a torx.

The app sounds good but not stuck for it yet

As the remote was sitting down on flat surface most was on the slide off base and very little in the remote or access inside. I have other remotes and contacts are dirty from leaking batteries. This remote was having clean terminals with slight leakage downwards.
I was looking on Amazon and Ebay and searches and only seen from China or USA
What would you use to clean the remote when i get it open as need to find a torx.

The app sounds good but not stuck for it yet
Isopropanol or isopropyl was usual thing used for cleaning such things I just tried searching for n2qayb000710 on ebay but as you mentioned mostly USA or China but more results just typing that into web browser

Remote Control For Panasonic N2QAYB000710 Smart Network 3D Blu-ray Disc Player | eBay
hope this helps :smiley:

I went to that link and its from China , that sucks for sure.

Tried opening it up and must be glued together as only found 1 screw

I went to that link and its from China , that sucks for sure.

Tried opening it up and must be glued together as only found 1 screw
Sorry about the link it did seem like uk . Most remotes now may only have one screw if lucky even when I tried to open up my remote for gigablue uhd quad 4k it was the same small tags hold them together so you either take the risk to try and pry it open once you open up so much then it will get easier you will see where tags or where it is getting stuck.
on your situation if remote is not working then you have nothing to lose, for myself I ended up having to buy new gigablue remote even though it was under two years old stb was covered by two warranty but remote notI honestly do noy know the price of blueray players now. But mines is left sitting in a box a long with about couple of hundred home made and original DVD's that I do not need to use now . the power of IPTV with decent vod or Plex :LOL:

Last edited:
Yes this is an odd remote for sure as not all buttons

Attachments

• Opera Snapshot_2023-04-05_214951_www.ebay.com.png
    Opera Snapshot_2023-04-05_214951_www.ebay.com.png
    154.6 KB · Views: 6
Brought it up to my office where i had a small knife and got the top removed and looked and only seen a tiny bit of leakage on top of board , gave it a wipe and put it back together and now have a signal.
Strange as i saw nothing but its working now.
Fingers crossed it does something tomorrow.

Went to switch in on and nothing happened 😂, had to power off/on my home theatre power supply and now it works.

No surround sound = new batteries in remote and now working.

Stripped down my Vu Zero remote and cleaned it and power button working again .

I am scrapping crappy Duracell's battery as they always seem to leak and changed to Panasonic with leak proof protection.

Back