Cable password

gray1313

TK Veteran
flashed me lads h2h with latest open atv 6.3 then when i wanted ti use putty to telnet the new e2istream to his box i got asked for a password any ideas tried change password on box but no luck

make sure you logged in with the right username 'root'

It is case sensitive and if it's wrong you will be prompted for a password

thats what i done mate tried root on putty and in terminal and it asked for password on my box h2h 6.3 im ok its me lads box i done before with the latest open atv 6.3 and in putty or using terminal it asks for password must be summet new again with atv i presume

On 6.4 you have to go into network settings on the box and set a new password.
You can then login with root/new password.
They've probably updated 6.3 with the same security 'feature'.

done that set password green to save and when i go on putty or through terminal i put ip address in then get black screen type root then says password but will not let me type anything in

done that set password green to save and when i go on putty or through terminal i put ip address in then get black screen type root then says password but will not let me type anything in
Use filezilla as there's username and password boxes so you should be able to add it easily

You just enter 'root' and press enter, then enter password and press enter.
I don't think you get any visual indication on putty that you've entered anything, not even asterisks.

willo entered root and pressed enter then it wont let me type ewt after mate on sons box with latest atv 6.3 but on my box with earlier atv 6.3 enter root and connected no prob as atv been changing things again thats all i can think of

flashed me lads h2h with latest open atv 6.3 then when i wanted ti use putty to telnet the new e2istream to his box i got asked for a password any ideas tried change password on box but no luck
Use filezilla
Drag the e2istream ipk to tmp
Then use remote to load it on box, takes 3 minutes

I've not a clue what any of this means.
Can you use filezilla or is it giving access denied message?
What are you trying to ftp to the box?

thats the problem putty or openwebif/terminal is asking for a password i click terminal type root then enter then it asks me for password same with putty

Back