Paying with Revolut: 2022 Edition

When it comes to paying for services these days, has anyone had any luck paying with Revolut. If so, can anyone post a full guide to doing this successfully? I have the app myself and I’ve come across setting up a number of currencies. How do you pay in the correct currency you need for your service?

When it comes to paying for services these days, has anyone had any luck paying with Revolut. If so, can anyone post a full guide to doing this successfully? I have the app myself and I’ve come across setting up a number of currencies. How do you pay in the correct currency you need for your service?
I'd have thought you ask the seller if he wants Euro's, dollars or Stirling then pay in whatever he wants.
In PayPal I can send in most currencies, what's the difficulty?
When I type in 25, it's set to Stirling by default but that can be changed to Euro or USD with one click

I have also paid for items using my virtual Revolut Card, the price was in dollars, and it is automatically converted from USD to GBP and I am charged accordingly

By the way, use a Virtual Card every time for your online purchases, once used and the vendor takes the money, the card is replaced (new numbers, new CVV etc) and no more money can be taken from the card, and thus from your account balance.

Essentially you don’t have to do anything it will auto exchange. Unless you have money already transferred on your account then the card will use that first, before using your base currency. Examples assuming your Base Currency is GBP

You have £100, & $100 in your Revolut account

You buy something that costs $30, Revolut will use the dollars before your base currency account

If you only have £100 in your Revolut account, and buy something for $30, Revolut will convert the $30 and charge your GBP account the equivalent

By the way, use a Virtual Card every time for your online purchases, once used and the vendor takes the money, the card is replaced (new numbers, new CVV etc) and no more money can be taken from the card, and thus from your account balance.
I love the disposable cards. Use them online like you - and any time I need to give card information over the phone. It’s a great feature

Essentially you don’t have to do anything it will auto exchange. Unless you have money already transferred on your account then the card will use that first, before using your base currency. Examples assuming your Base Currency is GBP

You have £100, & $100 in your Revolut account

You buy something that costs $30, Revolut will use the dollars before your base currency account

If you only have £100 in your Revolut account, and buy something for $30, Revolut will convert the $30 and charge your GBP account the equivalent
Don't do that,
You lose money if REVOLUT has to do the exchange for you,
Make sure you have the correct currency

And how do I do that when I deposit £. Say I wanted to pay $, but had to put in £.
You exchange currencies within the app. The vendor will set the currency, but as the previous poster said it will use that currency if you have it or else it will default yo whatever currency you hold, eg £.

I pay for nearly all my services with revolut these days. Works really well!

You exchange currencies within the app. The vendor will set the currency, but as the previous poster said it will use that currency if you have it or else it will default yo whatever currency you hold, eg £.

I pay for nearly all my services with revolut these days. Works really well!
So if your adding money to the revolt account you choose the currency your bank will send to the card? So say i want to sub to Peacock i would transfer $ to my revolt account from my Bank account?

So if your adding money to the revolt account you choose the currency your bank will send to the card? So say i want to sub to Peacock i would transfer $ to my revolt account from my Bank account?
No you put £50 from your bank into revolut app.
You then pay EG $30 to peacock, the app will send $30 out of your £50, depending on the exchange rate, it'll be about £25, leaving you the remainder of your £50

In the revolut app you can add currencies,
Choose exchange, then pick GBP to USD and how much you want to exchange,
Make sure you have enough in the currency you want to pay in,
If REVOLUT do the exchange automatically they charge you for the service, I think it's just a slightly worse rate you get.

No you put £50 from your bank into revolut app.
You then pay EG $30 to peacock, the app will send $30 out of your £50, depending on the exchange rate, it'll be about £25, leaving you the remainder of your £50
That's exactly NOT what you do,
You change the money to dollar before you make the payment ,
Revolut will give you a shit exchange if it has to do it for you

Revolut will exchange it for you but the rate isn't as good?
Yes, if you do the exchange manually you get a better rate.
Also, if you have a paid REVOLUT account it's slightly better again,
But, for most people on here a paid account is probably not worth it, I get paid in EUROs mostly, sometimes other currencies, so for me it's a no brainer

Yes, if you do the exchange manually you get a better rate.
Also, if you have a paid REVOLUT account it's slightly better again,
But, for most people on here a paid account is probably not worth it, I get paid in EUROs mostly, sometimes other currencies, so for me it's a no brainer
For someone who is only going to pay for a few things with it, just letting the app exchange it would be simpler.
If you need $24.99 sending, just deposit £30 and whatever change you're left with can either be spent on other things or transferred back to bank acc

For someone who is only going to pay for a few things with it, just letting the app exchange it would be simpler.
If you need $24.99 sending, just deposit £30 and whatever change you're left with can either be spent on other things or transferred back to bank acc
I'm not sure exact rates, and deffo not for free accounts,
But surely if you need $24.99 then just change your GBP to 25USD and get the best exchange possible,?
Is that not the whole purpose of paying in different currencies, to save 10p,?
I know I lose a fair bit, but I'm usually exchanging a fair bit, and as I said, free accounts it may not be so much of a difference, a paid account gets slightly better rates anyway.

Back