Paying with Revolut: 2022 Edition

I'm not sure exact rates, and deffo not for free accounts,
But surely if you need $24.99 then just change your GBP to 25USD and get the best exchange possible,?
Is that not the whole purpose of paying in different currencies, to save 10p,?
I know I lose a fair bit, but I'm usually exchanging a fair bit, and as I said, free accounts it may not be so much of a difference, a paid account gets slightly better rates anyway.
In this section 'services cheaper with a vpn' most people are only going to be sending a tenner here and there every six months or so and the op asked how to do it simply, not sure he wants to jump through hoops in order to save a shilling :LOL:

In this section 'services cheaper with a vpn' most people are only going to be sending a tenner here and there every six months or so and the op asked how to do it simply, not sure he wants to jump through hoops in order to save a shilling :LOL:
The odd shilling here and there greatly received you can pay me at: Revolutme I am skint.com (y):LOL::LOL:

OK , so I found out something today that I previously didn't know about.
There are 2 types of REVOLUT cards, a prepay one, and a proper bank account one,
PREPAY cards di NOT work very well, they even get knocked back on many ATMs and physical shops.
Could this be an issue that a lit if people are having trying to pay via Revolut,?
Just a thought.

I have never had any real issues paying with my Revolut cards. I suppose many of the “issues” people face could be down to either trying to pay for something that requires a card issued from a specific country, or because certain vendors blacklist them (e.g. Deliveroo or Uber Eats - at least in Australia)

This is the correct way to do what's being said in here
Yes you can also buy currency when it's cheap . My lad actually made a profit that way. Add currency choose the currency and pay when in that country. Saves having a safe in the hotel just for cash.

Yes you can also buy currency when it's cheap . My lad actually made a profit that way. Add currency choose the currency and pay when in that country. Saves having a safe in the hotel just for cash.
I actually let most of my wages sit in € until the summer, then buy £ when it's cheaper.
Can make a big difference to how much I earn doing that.

I just had my disposable Google account banned (by Google) for violating their policies. I used the account to buy Disney+ through Turkey. Quite surprised that the login itself is still working tbh.

Has anyone else had Google do this? Should I be worried about anything further happening?

I just had my disposable Google account banned (by Google) for violating their policies. I used the account to buy Disney+ through Turkey. Quite surprised that the login itself is still working tbh.

Has anyone else had Google do this? Should I be worried about anything further happening?
I did say this when the recent disney plus accounts were cancelled by Google but everyone managed to resubscribe...when do Google say enough is enough...looks like in your case and heard of a few others are getting banned...

Nothing for you to worry abt in terms of what else could they do...likely ur disney plus will stop to at some point ...only shame would be if u use ur normal day to day Google account gets banned...if a throw away then it don't matter.

Back