Payment Methods - Security

skjom

Hi ,

Ive being wondering about payment methods for IPTV, VOD, Plex etc.

1./ You can't beat cash - if seller is close to you - great. Cash is annonmous and can't be traced.
2./ I've seen other forms mainly - paypal, stripe , revolut. I wouldnt consider these any way annonmous , PayPal now requires mobile sign up and verification and register of a card.
You could get burner SIM + prepaid card I guess , but not easy.
3./ Crypo- bitcoin and ethereum - contrary to belief these two aint very annonmous either , can be made kinda so but the ledger is open.
4./ Privacy Crpyto - Monero - now this is more like it but very few except it.

Was wondering peoples thoughts on this , do people see it so abstracted that even if IPTV provider was forces to hand over paypal details of clients , they wouldn't be concerned they would be chased down.
Or do people simply go local and do cash.

I do also note government bodies look to be making it more so difficult to remain annonmous when paying for goods , this can be good and bad. UK & EU seem to he heading down a central bank digital currency.

PayPal as safer as not giving out card number.
Overseas mostly and not local.
Sellers might change their name as that account was flagged and to use their new one.

If an end user is more bothered about security of payment methods or even questioning payment methods then something is off to me.
A lot of providers continually change payment methods so one week it could be to Gail plats account week after it could be to a payment method in micheal Myers’s name who’s going to know if it’s a fake account or not

If an end user is more bothered about security of payment methods or even questioning payment methods then something is off to me.
A lot of providers continually change payment methods so one week it could be to Gail plats account week after it could be to a payment method in micheal Myers’s name who’s going to know if it’s a fake account or not
I'd happily pay that Alison King bird that has the knicker factory :tonguewink:

as an end user - cant see the authorities going as far as chasing you.

You missed out Gift card payment e.g Amazon Voucher? Go to the supermarket, buy an amazon voucher using cash and send it to the provider.

Is your next concern that you are on CCTV buying the voucher?
No , was a valid question. Some people do like to remain annonmous. And I don't see the end user wanting to maintain annomous payment methods as being suspect.

Good that providers mix it up , I had wondered how they protect themselves. Reddit seems full of PayPal or Stripe accounts.

I've seen some taking payment methods like monero which really do provide annonmous purchases. Many assume crypto leads to untraceable payments its far from that.

This also looks very clever
paysafecard - discover how you can pay online in cash. | English

Easy for end user , not sure possible for a vendor.

SkJom has a valid point , having received 2 emails from constabularies stating cease and desist in the past and I don’t want a third , so maybe online sellers need to think about protecting their customers

SkJom has a valid point , having received 2 emails from constabularies stating cease and desist in the past and I don’t want a third , so maybe online sellers need to think about protecting their customers

People who sell iptv put themselves at risk of prison for providing us with knock off telly, if a cease and desist scare tactic bothers you as a customer then maybe you should stick to legit TV subscriptions.

I'm sure i'll get roasted for this but i've been online since the early intel 386/486 days, i think people worry too much about traceability and getting caught, i've had everything from the early scientific atlanta cable boxes to wafer cards for on digital. bskyb, linux boxes, copied software, chipped playstation boxes, you name it i've probably done it or had it done, i've never ever had a anti-virus on a pc, always pay suppliers by paypal or bank transfer, still download torrents, don't use a vpn on my pc's and haven't ever had the knock on the door, foolhardy i know but it's worked for me. i might come across like i'm bragging but really don't mean to, i just think some people these days are too busy looking over their shoulders to enjoy what we have!

I'm sure i'll get roasted for this but i've been online since the early intel 386/486 days, i think people worry too much about traceability and getting caught, i've had everything from the early scientific atlanta cable boxes to wafer cards for on digital. bskyb, linux boxes, copied software, chipped playstation boxes, you name it i've probably done it or had it done, i've never ever had a anti-virus on a pc, always pay suppliers by paypal or bank transfer, still download torrents, don't use a vpn on my pc's and haven't ever had the knock on the door, foolhardy i know but it's worked for me. i might come across like i'm bragging but really don't mean to, i just think some people these days are too busy looking over their shoulders to enjoy what we have!
I couldn't agree more, the more you try to hide the more people are going to ask why do you want to hide?

I'm very much like you, although I haven't downloaded a torrent for a few years now and I do have anti virus but it has never detected anything major.

Hmm, a couple things here :

Suppliers do risk prosecution but let's be fair its not the Samaritans they are running either. It's a payed non taxed service. Each enters on their own terms.

There is truth on the more you try to hide the more someone may take a look, but wouldn't recommend the approach of doing nothing.
Cyber crime is dramatically rising , some people are just lucky too.

But back to the original topic - it seems the answer is in the replies , most take approach feck this we should be grand. Others would like an annoumous payment method (like myself) but in the minority.

I guess with all the services available now maybe annomous payment method could be used a a unique selling point of a service. If you value that - use a service that offers it. (And some do exist)

Hmm, a couple things here :

Suppliers do risk prosecution but let's be fair its not the Samaritans they are running either. It's a payed non taxed service. Each enters on their own terms.

There is truth on the more you try to hide the more someone may take a look, but wouldn't recommend the approach of doing nothing.
Cyber crime is dramatically rising , some people are just lucky too.

But back to the original topic - it seems the answer is in the replies , most take approach feck this we should be grand. Others would like an annoumous payment method (like myself) but in the minority.

I guess with all the services available now maybe annomous payment method could be used a a unique selling point of a service. If you value that - use a service that offers it. (And some do exist)
99% of people wanting a sub prefer PayPal, if someone takes payment only via a VPN on Mars, he's not going to sell anything

unless paying by cash you are never going to be 100% guarenteed annomous. If you pay using a regulated bank card then it's tracked, it has to be for various reasons, your security being one.

You are right, cyber crime is on the rise, but I've had my card cloned twice in the past 15 years, in both cases it was from using it offline, one at a local petrol garage yet I have never had incidents online, saying that I generally use paypal online unless I'm on the site of major retailers.

I've saw people do stricter ways of payment for first time subscribers such as bitcoin but once renewing and they know they are legit subscribers allow them to pay via PayPal and bank transfer etc

Back