PC Components Fried?

Macca166

Hello.

We recently had an issue with the electrics in the house where the builders kept shorting out a cable in the loft that they didn't realise was there. It is all sorted now however my PC seems to have issues from the sockets keep tripping out.

The PC will not power on at all. Checked the easy stuff like fuses and swapped the power cable over. Still no luck.

I have tested the PSU and the 24 pin motherboard connector is getting all the correct voltages through it. So I believe that the fault must be further down the line?

Can anyone point me now in the right direction of where to test next, It is really important that I get this computer back up and running as soon as possible so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Rob.

Hello.

We recently had an issue with the electrics in the house where the builders kept shorting out a cable in the loft that they didn't realise was there. It is all sorted now however my PC seems to have issues from the sockets keep tripping out.

The PC will not power on at all. Checked the easy stuff like fuses and swapped the power cable over. Still no luck.

I have tested the PSU and the 24 pin motherboard connector is getting all the correct voltages through it. So I believe that the fault must be further down the line?

Can anyone point me now in the right direction of where to test next, It is really important that I get this computer back up and running as soon as possible so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Rob.[/QUOTE

Hi Rob. You could try removing everything from the psu and just power to the MB only and see if it powers up. Do you have power lights on case ?
If you have then connect each item in turn to eliminate faulty peripherals. Faulty CD roms can hang a PC.
Failing that it could be MB.
Good luck.

In addition to previous posters suggestions, check out below.

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-jG3vqRQHM

Back