PC Died - trying to fix (almost replaced all parts!!!)

heehee

Hi all,
Hopeing someone with a little more knowhow of PC's can assist me here - I would really appreciate it!

My sons PC which lost video output and the MSI motherboard was showing a CPU red LED (fans all work)
Simple fix I thought, buy a new AMD 5600 CPU - still no joy (still have it, will return if the original CPU is ok - AMD 3600x).
So bought a new motherboard - Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2 ATX - still the same, no screen although fans spin up.
Checked the memory support for the motherboard - doesn't support the Geil Evo Potenza memory so ordered some Corsair Vengeance which the motherboard does support.
Still the same!!!!!!
So, got to be the PSU - I have another PC (old intel based) so tried the PSU in that PC - works fine (although I did get a blue screen on power down, which I've never had before).
Uisng the PSU from my working machine doesn't seem to make a difference.
I'm plugging in the front panel connector, system fans, CPU fan, m/b power and CPU power cables only - no PCIE power or boot drives atm.
No idea what to do next - it is almost a new PC and still get nothing. I have no idea which parts work and which don't!

The only part I haven't replaced atm is the PSU but have a known working one (750w in the faulty machine, 650w in the intel PC which is ok). I'm only looking for a boot screen atm, not asking for much!!
I have updated the BIOS to F16D via the USB method (in case it didn't support the AMD 5600 CPU - which is brand new) - shows amber led which doesn't seem good.

Anyone any ideas?

Parts list :
Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2 ATX - new
--- or ---
MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI Gaming Motherboard AMD AM4 SATA 6Gb/s M.2 USB 3.2 Gen 2 HDMI ATX - old and shows CPU red led on power up, no screen (quite sure this mb is faulty)
Corsair LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3600 C18 (PC4-28800) 1.35V Desktop Memory - Black (CMK16GX4M2Z3600C18) - new
--- or ---
GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model GAPB416GB3200C16ADC
AMD Ryzen 5600 CPU - new
--- or ---
AMD Ryzen 3600x CPU - old
Antec NE750 Gold PUS - old (but seems to work ok)

Antec TruePower 650W PSU - existing, works ok (from the working machine)

Attachments

• IMG_20230124_150009.jpg
    IMG_20230124_150009.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 9
turns out I needed to put in the gpu also - no onboard graphics. so now I can get something on screen, which is great and a relief!
can send the CPU back now!!!
thanks

Back