PC Will Not Recognize Card Reader

hi there i have a advent laptop running windows xp when i use my sd card reader with my memory card in from my phone it isnt responding at all ive checked the drivers and it says everything is working ok
but the sd card will work in my printer what might be wrong

Hello lozzaraine, in the future you need to provide more description in your thread title as well as your initial post. People will be more inclined to assist you if they are able to understand what you are needing.
I have renamed your thread and moved it to a more appropriate forum.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Is your card reader internal or external USB?

lorraine, has it ever worked? if you have it plugged into the laptop, can you go into "my computer" under hard disk drives, is there anything listed. after that let us know and i will try to help you further

its always worked but it wont work on my laptop or my desk top but it will work throu my printer i really cant understand whats wrong with it

If it's external, give us an idea on the manufacturer and model name, so we can look up what types of cards are supported.

Have you tried a different sd card?

Don't give up. It may take some time but we will get you through it. You will just have to have some patience. :)

ive 4 differant sd cards its the same on them all i,ll sort it in the end
thanks anyway for your time

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

ok thanks

hi lozzaraine, welcome to TK.

will you remove the sd card from your laptop and go to device manager please, start, right click my computer and then select manage. then select device manager then press the plus sign next to sd host adaptors.

now insert the sd card and you should see the device manager reload if its recognised something connected to the computer.

if you see your card after it has reconnected and it is still not seen in my computer then right click on it and select uninstall in the device manager.
remove the sd card and do a restart, reinsert the sd card and fingers crossed it should reinstall itself and yet again be recognised.

Back