Petrol Prices Sky Rocket!

bonus2010

VIP Member
I see there's a lot of moaning about the price increases of petrol in the newspapers just now.
Must admit I got considerably less litres of petrol than I did when I last put petrol in the car, always put £30 worth in.

Can't say I've ever complained about the price of petrol, even though my car's a gas guzzler lol In fact, at times I've
thought its just far too cheap, and the evidence is through the observation of the huge numbers of cars on the road
and what I would consider mostly doing non-essential journies. Not just that, the number of cars I've seen, parked where the engine
is left running for ages...well, mor evidence that petrol's dirt cheap lol

I'd be happy with petrol at £5/litre if it mean fewer cars on the road, cleaner air etc, but can't see that being a vote winner lol

More...

I see there's a lot of moaning about the price increases of petrol in the newspapers just now.
Must admit I got considerably less litres of petrol than I did when I last put petrol in the car, always put £30 worth in.

Can't say I've ever complained about the price of petrol, even though my car's a gas guzzler lol In fact, at times I've
thought its just far too cheap, and the evidence is through the observation of the huge numbers of cars on the road
and what I would consider mostly doing non-essential journies. Not just that, the number of cars I've seen, parked where the engine
is left running for ages...well, mor evidence that petrol's dirt cheap lol

I'd be happy with petrol at £5/litre if it mean fewer cars on the road, cleaner air etc, but can't see that being a vote winner lol

More...

I don't do heavy travelling and long journeys anymore.

I put in £30 petrol in my car and lasts for the whole month usually. But I just use the car locally to get to A to B.

That "largest annual price hike" has a lot to do with the fact that the world was in lockdown this time last year and the price plummeted I'd imagine.

I don't do heavy travelling and long journeys anymore.

I put in £30 petrol in my car and lasts for the whole month usually. But I just use the car locally to get to A to B.
Jheez 30 quid a month, lucky your car battery still works 🤣 wish I only spent 30 quid a month.

Jheez 30 quid a month, lucky your car battery still works 🤣 wish I only spent 30 quid a month.

It's even less than that some months.

I always make sure car starts and take it for a spin locally to make sure battery doesn't die with car just sitting idly.

As I say car is only used locally so can get most from the one fill usually for the month.

£30 fuel wouldn't last me 5 mins and last time i checked i was averaging about 15-20 mpg if i drive like Parker Yes my lady lol but what gets my goat up is during first main lockdown it went rite down to £99.9p in my area when nobody could hardly drive about except front line workers etc which is understandable in the exeptional circumstances.
But the government have gotta recoup all the money used during the pandemic and the good old motorist gets it in the pocket as per usual but eh oh thats the way of the country taxation system.

Happy motoring

But the government have gotta recoup all the money used during the pandemic and the good old motorist gets it in the pocket as per usual but eh oh thats the way of the country taxation system.
Its not a governmental price rise, it ir the law of supply and demand, and right now your country is opening (opened?) up again, so people can travel further and more often so the demand for petrol has risen, therefore the prices have risen.
Consequently, the HR Revenue gets more tax, but the tax percentage per litre hasn't risen.

£30 fuel wouldn't last me 5 mins and last time i checked i was averaging about 15-20 mpg if i drive like Parker Yes my lady lol but what gets my goat up is during first main lockdown it went rite down to £99.9p in my area when nobody could hardly drive about except front line workers etc which is understandable in the exeptional circumstances.
I put 40 litres in my car, and with City driving I get about 490 - 560 kilometres.
I've just been up and down the country a couple of times in the last fortnight, and my 40 litres got me 713 kilometres.

Again, the price fall was supply and demand, no/little demand, prices fall. You should have bought a tanker and hoarded at the cheaper prices lol

(By the way, I kinda cheat, I drive a Toyota Aurus estate hybrid)

Its not a governmental price rise, it ir the law of supply and demand, and right now your country is opening (opened?) up again, so people can travel further and more often so the demand for petrol has risen, therefore the prices have risen.
Consequently, the HR Revenue gets more tax, but the tax percentage per litre hasn't risen.

I put 40 litres in my car, and with City driving I get about 490 - 560 kilometres.
I've just been up and down the country a couple of times in the last fortnight, and my 40 litres got me 713 kilometres.

Again, the price fall was supply and demand, no/little demand, prices fall. You should have bought a tanker and hoarded at the cheaper prices lol

(By the way, I kinda cheat, I drive a Toyota Aurus estate hybrid)
You done it in small print so no one notices😅😅😅

gotta pay the furlough back somehow and this is just one of the means of doing it. when furlough ends maybe there will be a lot of anger on the streets. people have been quite laid back with the handouts but for how much longer can it continue? costco has the cheapest fuel around here (although you have to be a member)

I wouldnt call it "handouts" in all fairness, were the men and women who keep the country going day in day out so its not like the government have done this out of being nice and loving, they don't pay the wages, no 1 goes to work, buisnesses go bust, every man and his dog claim unemployment benefits then the country's growth goes down the drain.

Well they're not paying out benefits they're paying furlough which is completely different. When that stops and people are left on benefits things will change. Anyway that's for another day

If the country was to pay evrryone unemployment benefits if would cost alot more then paying furlough, plus its not about the money for furlough or UB, it's the fact that if the country collapses due to business closures, tben we are in the poo. No money coming in = no growth

gotta pay the furlough back somehow and this is just one of the means of doing it. when furlough ends maybe there will be a lot of anger on the streets. people have been quite laid back with the handouts but for how much longer can it continue? costco has the cheapest fuel around here (although you have to be a member)
This is not a governmental increase in the price (via duty, BAT, Aor one of the many needs at its disposal, this is our and simple supply and demand, and the demand has increased ahead of production, ergo - cost increase
You done it in small print so no one notices😅😅😅
I do everything in small, ask the missus!

Hmm i wonder just how high prices are gonna reach till the conflict in ukraine sudsides 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 i only get about 15 mpg and its killing me in costs.
Thank god for the works van and free diesel 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hmm i wonder just how high prices are gonna reach till the conflict in ukraine sudsides 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 i only get about 15 mpg and its killing me in costs.
I got daughter a smart car for work and call out, 75 mpg never heard her complain(y)

Christ what are you driving to only get 15 mpg

Back