peugeot 206

marcoose

TK Veteran
hi all my daughter has got peugeot 206 the battery died so they took it off fully recharged it put it back on everything ok except for engine management light is on orange in coulour would this be to do with taking the battery of to recharge it? many thanks

possibly
best thing would be get an ODB reader on it and see what fault code it throws up
you could then decide to delete the code/turn the light off, and wait and see if it throws up the code again

just a quick question,
why did they take the battery off the car to charge it.?

See if this works
When you get in the car Hold the miles/fuel button down on the dial display hold it,while with the other hand turn the ignition on you will see on the display the clock ticking backwards and it will return to 0= and the spanner will go and restart again for you! This also works on the engine management light

hi steptoe thats what they did i dont know why lol cant the management light be turnt off then see if it comes back on?

thanks rs500nutter do you think taking the battery off to recharge as caused this cos it wasnt an issue before?

Not 100% sure but there still mite be an underlying fault on the car and has sprung up coincedentally at the same time and may well need a code reader on as mentioned by steptoe (y)

hi rs500 took car to garage this morning they put it on a machine came back with c02 ommision censor the mechanic said possible cause for the light comming on was disconnecting battery so he cleared the fault everything ok drove back home went out to go some where and lights come back on so taking it back to them cos they charged £20

Sensor might be gone needing replacement,fault might have been there before but no light to show issue.
Does car run any difference or smell differantly.

hi rs500 took car to garage this morning they put it on a machine came back with c02 ommision censor the mechanic said possible cause for the light comming on was disconnecting battery so he cleared the fault everything ok drove back home went out to go some where and lights come back on so taking it back to them cos they charged £20
They didn't clear the fault,
They cleared the code and turned off the light, and gave you a possible diagnosis,
£20 was cheap for that,
Find out how much to fix it now.

It normally costs £35 to clear it,Im no mechanic but i think there is a Censor on the engine and one on the exhaust,you should be able to replace them yourself.

Its common if a car comes in it gets scanned,if customer nearby i get him to photo error cod faults and then erase.

Try car out for a week to see if the same code comes back,if it does and same issue returns faulty part but which one?

Error code guide you to what maybe the cause.

For Peugeot 206 207 Partner Citroen Berlingo C2 C3 1.4 Lambda O2 Oxygen Sensor 741416042641 | eBay
Could be this that screws into exhaust downpipe but it could also be the wiring on it or the connection plug gone wrong etc.
Clearing the light does not clear the fault ok if it comes back on then theres obviously a faulty part on the car ok

First, what are the signs an O2 sensor may have gone bad?
  • Check Engine Light Comes On.
  • Noticeable Loss of Fuel Efficiency.
  • Sulfur or 'Rotten Egg' smell from Exhaust.
  • Black smoke from exhaust.
  • Emission levels reach high levels.
  • Your engine hesitates, skips, begins bucking or has power surges.

Last edited:
catkid no seems seems to be running ok no smell the did say bring back if light comes back on
thats fair enough, but dont expect them to turn it off again or fix the problem for the 20 quid you have already paid them,
I paid £38 to get my EML turned off at MOT, it hasnt came on again, but I know what it was
my van was sitting for 9 months while I worked overseas, and my missus started it once a month for half an hour to keep the engine ok,
the EGR valve flagged a fault, a good hour drive on the motorway cleared it out,
it had just stuck with ticking over at low revs, the MOT guy suggested that when I told him why the van was out of MOT
I also had a prob with my brake discs (sub 1500 miles) showing surface rust, and was told to brake gently and often to start with to clean them off.

Back