Peugeot 308 1st Gear Juddering

IMG-20190120-WA0000.jpg Yeah i know what you mean it can be never ending when it comes to cars etc got a lexus is300 in garage at min with a reported front suspension knocking but ive found the problem and waiting for a upper control arm because the ball joint has decided it does not want to belong to arm it came with lol

Last edited:
I used to have a Mk3 mondeo, everything went wrong, I had all the drive shafts changed, plus it had water leaking into the car through the pollen filter, gas struts went on the boot, washers were leaking into the car, track rod ends went, wheels were buckled, clutch and dmf had to be changed twice and then the injectors went......I scrapped it at that point.

Yeah typical mk3 ive been looking for a mark 4 with the PSA peugeot engine in because they seem to be more reliable than the ford variant how ironic lol

So the car has been into Peugeot today, they have test drove it and thankfully have experienced the symptoms and are now convinced that it's not the clutch/DMF, they say they feel fine and are not the cause. Ran a diagnostics test and no faults came up, they now think it could be the exhaust valve rods that are clogged. Car is now booked in for next Wednesday to be looked at.

Yeah they might give the engine a flush etc and if that dont sort it the head might have to be removed etc for further investigation etc.
Have you noticed any lack of power etc usually if valves are sticking you would notice this etc.
But has you stated this could well be the juddering etc .
I just wonder if its a build up of carbon or oil feed starvation to the valves and cams etc causing the issues.

Yeah they might give the engine a flush etc and if that dont sort it the head might have to be removed etc for further investigation etc.
Have you noticed any lack of power etc usually if valves are sticking you would notice this etc.
But has you stated this could well be the juddering etc .
I just wonder if its a build up of carbon or oil feed starvation to the valves and cams etc causing the issues.

Sometimes, especially when changing gear it feels like there is no power to the car. We had this same problem about 12 months ago and they found that the fuel pump on the engine was breaking apart, they cleaned the whole fuel system, changed the filter and pump and the problem went away. The wife drove the car only at that time, I had my own car, she says the symptoms that we are having now is exactly the same as 12 months ago, so hopefully something is just clogged.

I did notice last night, all of a sudden the car felt like it had a boost of some sort, it suddenly became really responsive, like it had loads more power and then today on the way to Peugeot the juddering started again.

See what happens next Wednesday.

Last edited:
Back