PIA VPN issue with Zgemma H5.2S SOLVED

Hi guys,
I've been having problems getting Openvpn to work on my Zgemma. I followed the guide in this thread http://www.techkings.org/threads/vpn-on-zgemma.130632/, and others I found on the web but couldn't get it to work. This morning I was having another attempt when I noticed the problem.
Following the instructions in the thread above: 3. edit the name of the ovpn file to client.conf. I did this and saved the file on my PC, and it was saved as "client.conf". However the problem I found was that when you open FileZilla and navigate in the left hand pane to where you've saved the four files you need to upload to the Zgemma, the ca.rsa.2048.crt, crl.rsa.2048.pem and login.txt ( I'd changed the file name from password.conf to login.txt during one of my attempts to solve my issue) were fine,
but the client.conf file had changed to client.conf.ovpn. By clicking twice on client.conf.ovpn in the left pane I could delete the ".ovpn" bit to create a "client.conf" file. The icon to the left of the file changed as well. (I found that if you've got the client.conf.ovpn in your /etc/openvpn folder on your Zgemma you can rename it to client.conf there as well.) When this renamed "client.conf" file was uploaded, Openvpn worked correctly. I hope this makes sense and maybe helps somebody out.

Hi Biodieseler

Thanks, this is useful as Windows hides common file types, although I am still having issues myself.

When you select OpenVPN on your zgemma box, are you prompted to install the service? Mine prompts me to install the service, then just sits there doing nothing even after I press the start button. When I come out of the software and go back in again it prompts me to install the service again.

I have been at this every night from 4pm until 11/midnight and getting nowhere.

If you have already found a solution to this, I would be very grateful. I am even happy to pay anyone who can solve this for me.

Thanks

Back