Picture on tv too big for screen !

Kopnut

Hi All, I've got a problem that's sending me nuts ! (Hope I'm in the right section), the picture on my panasonic tv is too big. I run a s*y box, which is a perfect picture .Freeview is a perfect picture but my tvip605 (iptv) is showing the picture too big for the tv... . I have 2 tvip605's in seperate rooms, the other tvip is perfect on the Samsung tv so, in my limited wisdom I changed them round..... Aaaargh!!! Still the same, what i thought was the problem 605 works perfect in the other room, I've changed HDMI cable, changed HDMI inputs, tried altering aspect ratio on tv .... no change !...... at a loss as what to do next !. Anyone out there come across this before , any help would be gratefully received and appreciated.

Could be aspect ratio..
Or simply stand further away from the TV.
Thanks for that Stuss , already tried that , picture aspect changes but picture still oversized.

change widescreen setting on your tv
Thanks Gilvey, already done that with no effect. Thanks for replying.

Switch off the overscan feature on TV
Thanks for replying Abu Baniaz but no effect at all .

Found this online -

Try to change the following in Settings, Display.

HD format to 1080p, 60
SD format: PAL, but if your TV is NTSC then choose that.
Aspect ratio: original
HDMI RGB: OFF
HDMI -CEC: ON
HDMI CEC mode: Tuner

Found this online -

Try to change the following in Settings, Display.

HD format to 1080p, 60
SD format: PAL, but if your TV is NTSC then choose that.
Aspect ratio: original
HDMI RGB: OFF
HDMI -CEC: ON
HDMI CEC mode: Tuner
Thanks for the quick reply pupuqiop, I take it this is adjustments on the tvip605 box ?

Thanks for the quick reply pupuqiop, I take it this is adjustments on the tvip605 box ?

Not sure - if you Google some relevant words (device and TV brand) it'll take you to the page I copied it from - I can't post the link as it's from another iptv forum and I'm unsure if site rules allow me to post it. Seems to have worked for the person who posted your issue though.

Not sure - if you Google some relevant words (device and TV brand) it'll take you to the page I copied it from - I can't post the link as it's from another iptv forum and I'm unsure if site rules allow me to post it. Seems to have worked for the person who posted your issue though.
Thanks for that 👍

Make sure you haven't got any sort of Zoom setting enabled.
I had this sort of problem and it ended up i had All Direction Zoom set up on my LG

Thanks again for replying pupuqiop but still the same, all other devices that are connected to my panasonic tv work perfect....s*y, bluesy,gaming, freeview etc etc, but as soon as I switch onto my iptv tvip605 the picture stretches.... as it's too big for screen yet the same tvip605 works perfect on the Samsung tv in the other room ..... puzzled to say the least.. thanks to all for replying.

If tv settings were wrong all modes of viewing would be off which might suggest its a setting on your box.

What model number is the Panasonic tv ??
Sounds like the Samsung tv is auto adjusting the screen size when you plug the box in but aint doing it on the panasonic

If it's a compatibility issue of that box and tv, your easiest option might be to sell the box and buy something else to use with that tv.

If it's a compatibility issue of that box and tv, your easiest option might be to sell the box and buy something else to use with that tv.
Had both for a couple of years, the screen size issue has just arisen in the last week.....🤔

Sounds like the Samsung tv is auto adjusting the screen size when you plug the box in but aint doing it on the panasonic
Tha
Have there been any software updates on the box that can be rolled back?
Never thought of that.... I'll have a look 👍

Sorry , cocked that last reply up 🙄, please see attached

Attachments

• 20210809_105711.jpg
    20210809_105711.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
Just an update on the problem I've been having on the picture being too big.... alas !! , tvip has sent updates and since I've installed them the picture has reverted to normal..... all good now !!, thanks to all who have replied on this thread, much appreciated 👍🙂 !

Back