Pikabox 4k Android box

maff

VIP Member
Evening all. Anyone using, or had any dealings with one of these boxes? Had one passed to update / add IPTV for someone. The Firmware seems to be locked into the Pikabox setup. They're asking for funds for everything related to the box. I've been looking for alterantive Android firmware to flash, but they seem to have it well locked down. Tried a "Factory reset" but just presented with a Firmware upgrade by USB option that directs you to the Pikabox paysite. Quite annoying. I've not been on the Andriod scene for years. So if there is a way to flash other Firmware on this bag of shite, I'd be happy to know.

I would not get involved, it's a locked firmware cheap box.I would just tell them to buy a better box as it's not worth the headache tbh.

If the model of the android box is a standard one then you could try going down the rooting the firmware process and then the box is open to do whatever you like.

If the model of the android box is a standard one then you could try going down the rooting the firmware process and then the box is open to do whatever you like.

Was thinking of going down that road. It's only a cheap box, but it annoys me that it's locked to Pikabox. I'll let you know how I get on.

Back