WilloBuild Pip mode?

TangoOne

Recently bought a vu+ duo 4k se fresh load of openvix 6.4 and Willobuild. I'm having a problem as soon as I hit the menu button it shrink the screen to a little box in the corner and I can't seem to get it back to full screen. Any ideas where I'm gone wrong?

One other thing EPG button only brings up the channel details rather than full EPG. Probably figure this out but might be how willowbuild set it up.

Thanks

Exit out should bring back screen and depending how far in you went press exit until screen comes normal.

Recently bought a vu+ duo 4k se fresh load of openvix 6.4 and Willobuild. I'm having a problem as soon as I hit the menu button it shrink the screen to a little box in the corner and I can't seem to get it back to full screen. Any ideas where I'm gone wrong?

One other thing EPG button only brings up the channel details rather than full EPG. Probably figure this out but might be how willowbuild set it up.

Thanks
Your epg isn't populating you mean?
Channels are showing but no programme information?
Is this for iptv or satellite or freeview?

No its the actual guide is not popping up only the channel I'm on info.

I'm coming from a zgemma h7s and fresh install I didn't have these issues.

No its the actual guide is not popping up only the channel I'm on info.

I'm coming from a zgemma h7s and fresh install I didn't have these issues.
I've never heard of this before, we need to verify your image first.
Press menu, information, about and see what it says after version number

It was 6.4 010 I reflashed with 6.4 009 and the issues seem to be gone. I then ungraded to 6.4 010 and all seem Ok, I just need to reapply willowbuild and hopefully that fixes both problems

Any idea how I add and extra slot for another image I somehow managed to setup with only 1?

Edit
Installed willowbuild and box won't display a image after boot

Last edited:
It was 6.4 010 I reflashed with 6.4 009 and the issues seem to be gone. I then ungraded to 6.4 010 and all seem Ok, I just need to reapply willowbuild and hopefully that fixes both problems

Any idea how I add and extra slot for another image I somehow managed to setup with only 1?

Edit
Installed willowbuild and box won't display a image after boot
H7 has four slots, you can flash a different image to each one.
Press menu, standby/restart, multiboot manager and see which images you have installed on which slot.
When flashing, the process asks which slot you want to use

I'm not too worries about that just trying to get willow build working now. Flashed a fresh copy of open vix followed by willowbuild and screen goes blank after restoring the setting stage.

The EPG button problem is common to all Vu boxes. You have to change the designation of the EPG button in:
MENU > SETUP > USER INTERFACE > BUTTON SETUP to Show Grid EPG.

PiP is opened and closed with the red button. I've no idea why it's opening with the Menu button.

Thanks Willo, the issues seems to have resolve(evolved) , a new one problem popped up on a fresh flash of the openvix 6.4 010, I putty the details across restore the Willo setting then black screen after boot. I setup the box to be multiboot with only the recovery and slot 1 showing. your script ask with partition to flash I selected 1 not sure I went wrong here?

The Kexec multiboot (as used on the Vu+ receivers) is not the same as hardware multiboot. There is a menu to allow the Kexec multiboot which will create directories to load other images. You are not meant to use the main image as there is no recovery mode. You can use the main image but be aware that if issues occur, the best option would be to flash and start again.

I am not sure the Willobuild flashing & customisation combined process works well with this. I don't think you are able to apply his customisations as a separate process after flashing/rebooting into a different directory/slot.

Last edited:
Thanks Abu,

Is the Kexec multiboot menu hidden or not on openvix?

Sounds like I'm the slow route rather that Willos great script 😭

It isn't hidden, it is meant to prompt/ask you as soon as you go into the multiboot option. Can you post a screenshot of what you see when you get into the multiboot options. It should be in the start/restart menu. Don't look for "kexec", thr different methods are not mentioned, it should just say multiboot.

Back