PIR Sensor and Switch Override

Drox

TK Veteran
I need to upgrade my outdoor lighting. Ideally I want the motion sensor to be always ON, and to have a switch that can override the motion sensor to keep the lights always ON.

I came across the following diagram, where a Switch and PIR are connected in parallel. Is this a good idea? (Ignore the additional lamp on the diagram, I would have it connected after the main lamp.)

Thanks

1641551982432.png

Is the motion sensor not always on but would question on the other setting of darkness when it is to come on with your light setting as my one in bathroom is always on when sensor picks up movement it lights up middle of day or night.

That will be fine , you used to get pit’s that you could turn off/on quickly twice and then it would stay switched on , not sure if they still do these or not.

Looks ok to me , just be aware the switch needs a battery rather than mains power , make sure its in a plastic box not a metal one.

Thanks. My last message wasn't detailed enough. I'm thinking of putting the 'Smart relay switch' outdoors.

The lights will be mounted on an outback building. If I put the relay switch inside, it may struggle for signal.

1641572428096.png

Thanks. My last message wasn't detailed enough. I'm thinking of putting the 'Smart relay switch' outdoors.

The lights will be mounted on an outback building. If I put the relay switch inside, it may struggle for signal.

View attachment 70039
Use a WISKA box ,
and some stuffer glands if you need to get a cable into it from outside.

Back