playing mkv, avi, mp4 etc from NAS

ukdtweak

Hi

Quick question, ive read around and can see that the Zgemma 2S can connect to and read from a NAS...

My question is simple, can it scan the nas and build a library like Kodi does, i have not found anything to suggest it can and the kodi plugin does not seam to work without some higher knowledge and tinkering of resource files etc, all i want though is to replace my current Kodi android box with the zgemma rather than having to run two boxes.

I have a Nas with many movies and TV series saved in structured folders and use S.A.L.T.S to stream movies and shows i dont have locally stored, this is connected to Trakt.tv account and scan every 12 hours, then adds the .strm files to my library and thus i can easily see them and the description etc, can the zgemma do anything like this, can its puny CPU even handle a h264 mkv file?

I have a synology nas and it works OK. It does struggle with mkv, but some play OK and some don't (same with 3d movies). The nas is low end so that does not help

Cheers for the reply, ive seen post about using webif... something, and an iptv plugin in kodi so you can stream the zgemma to the kodi device which might be a work around, hoping to get my box tomorrow so i can start fiddling.. does the zgemma have a feature similar to kodi's library, in that it names and adds film/show info for each file, or does it just allow you to browse the NAS?

My setup is very simple. I have Plex running on my nas but I use sickbeard and tvrenamer and then I manually move the files (I am sure there is a better way). For the zgemma box, I just view the files via text (never tried kodi) and it seems to work well with the rest of the family.

ah ok, think ill try the webiff (forget the full name, still learning lol) setup then, i love kodi's library and would miss the interface, thanks for your replies.

Another method is to convert mkv, avi, mp4, avchd, mpg, vob, flv etc to a more compatible video format with the help of iDealshare VideoGo

To the best of my (limited) knowledge, it's just a browser and unable to add the front end information for each title?

Back