Please he I've just lost my whole sf4008 !

digi999

TK Supporter
Hi all

After 3 days I finally had my box running perfect (running openatv 6.0), backed up my image yesterday and today I performed just a routine online update that's killed the whole box ! , I've located my backup on the hard drive and FTP it over to my USB key, put the ysb key in the front with the backup in sf4008 folder but nothing ? , when I press the blue button and press 'restore' it says no backups found .... I'm about ready to start having a crying fit ... any ideas please ?

what memory stick were you using ?
i had a similar problem with a cheap unbranded stick
i now use 8gb SanDisk for flashing
kingston..fuji etc all work well .

That was my initial thought however I used the same stick to put on the original atv image .... have to say I'm really starting to hate this box ! Lol

That was my initial thought however I used the same stick to put on the original atv image .... have to say I'm really starting to hate this box ! Lol

trouble is with these e2 boxes one has to check first if its compatible with your old image and if not DONT ONLINE UPDATE WARNING email was sent to me warning dont do it.v5 i think is a whole different ball game and even in using vix setup from scratch and no restores many things are not working on my solo2.

What tuner configuration have you got?
Did you know both tuners are twins?
I had twin sat / single cable and swapped them over in the box to make it twin cable / single sat.

Just a twin sat .... don't have cable in the area so stuck at Morrisons:( , looking at adding a third tuner on 19.2 .... used to be a really good satallite a few years ago (movies etc) so gonna have a sniff around what's up there again ..

@Willo3092
Just read this thread & was intrigued to see your post #8:
"Did you know both tuners are twins?
I had twin sat / single cable and swapped them over in the box to make it twin cable / single sat."

Would like to have the twin cable facility, but before I strip my Octagon sf4008, any further info on how to do it? & presumably, a splitter will be required?

regards,

Max.

No twin feed required, the tuners are split internally.
I just took the lid off (as you would to fit the HDD) and physically swapped the tuners over. (There is one screw holding each one in place).

Thanks Willo3092,

Did exactly as you said, reconfigured the tuners & it works.
Trouble now is finding a decent line supplier. First test offered froze after a few minutes.
So maybe back to twin sat for freesat & only 1 cable fed.

Your help much appreciated,

Max.

Back