PLEASE HELP! Set up for Zgemma Star H.2S

andygoss

hi guys

just got myself one of these and i'm trying to flash the sucmnsee image.

The memory stick I have doesn't seem to be compatible after spending 1.5 hours formatting it, so i'm trying to do it via Filezilla.

I have the files, I have logged into my box however I can't find anywhere on these forums how to flash it now.

Seen one tutorial where it says 'after transferring the file, go to Menu/Setup/Vix.... but I have no Vix in the menu?!!

any help please?

yeah that's what I've followed but he only gives the steps to flash by usb. I need to know how to do it by filezilla?

Hi Andy I had a similar problem but it turned out I needed a extra file in the folder called force
So go to Zgemma.TV and download a openvix image then go into the Zgemma folder then h3 and you will see the force file in there copy and paste that into your scumnsee Zgemma/h3 folder.
That's if its not there already

I have not used any of the images but will try and help with a USB solution.

Can you supply a link to the download you are using please?
Can you tell us what happens when you put the USB stick in the box and turn on? I personally always use the front USB slot on my H2S. Not for any reason other than ease.
Not teaching you to suck eggs but have you copied the actual Zgemma folder and all the contents on to the newly formatted stick?

What happens if you try the front slot?

Thanks

I was just using a 8gb memory stick I had. I followed the steps in the 'idiots guide to install...' as someone posted above, into low formatting it then Windows formatting it. I copied the Zgemma folder onto it and plugged it into the back of the box and booted the box. It is supposed to detect the USB and flash it from the files but it doesn't detect it. I have read that only certain usb sticks seem to work. Rather than going buying another I wanted to flash it by using FileZilla. Can't find any tutorials on how to do that.
I will try steveuk23 way and get that force file and see if it works

If you using Sucmnsee image the force file should already be in there Check by viewing the files

Yeah, what directory do I put that folder in using FileZilla? My box isn't reading my usb stick so trying it this way.

Well I've got a memory stick that is in the list of recognised memory sticks. Currently formatting it so will see whether it flashes it on the boot up once I've transferred the Zgemma folder onto it.

Ah not sure then I'm in vix
You may need to look through every menu to find where there's a image install and back up section (if any)

Back