Cable Please help to get Saorview onto Zgemma H2H

CPD

Has anyone managed to setup Irelands Saorview TV service on a Zgemma H2H, if so could you please explain what I am doing wrong?

This is my cable setup
IMG_20200221_111243.jpg

My Tuner Configuration

IMG_20200221_115203.jpg

Settings in Autobouquetsmaker

IMG_20200221_115150.jpg

And the error message I get when I run a scan. I have tried multiple different regions and settings but have had no joy?

IMG_20200221_115137.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200221_115150.jpg
    IMG_20200221_115150.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
There were frequency changes recently. Have you tried updating the ABM provider files using the option in ABM?
If you perform a manual scan of that frequency do you find services?

Hi thanks for the reply. I have tried updating the ABM provider files, it says "Config file for Saorview didnt need updating ...."

I have also tried manual scans on a few different regions and each time it finds no channels?

If I understand what you meant now, I just tried that and got no channels after the scan

IMG_20200221_143451.jpg

In ABM, are you sure you are using the correct mast that your aerial is pointing to?

Just for info:
You should have just used predefined. Also, Ireland does not do DVB-T2, you do DVB-T. You may have an issue with combiners/splitter/faceplate.

Try terrestrial scan plugin.

Reactions: CPD
Thanks for trying to help. I have tried all that you suggested and still no luck. I downloaded the teresstrial scan plugin from system pulgins and still no channels found.
There must be an issue with something in my setup . . .

If someone could post pictures of all the setups that has worked in Ireland that would be appreciated, otherwise I am defeated

Thanks cactikid, I have the normal sky dish, two feeds running to the box and a connection for the terrestrial port.

Is that linked aerial for outdoors, if so I presume I would have to run another cable from that to the box or is that an internal one?

If you dont have an aerial you cannot get channels.
Sky dish with 2 feeds is normal for ex users of sky + hd boxes.
Where is the aerial for terrestrial service as you have an unknown cable in that tuner.

I have both external aerial for 3 rock and a mickey mouse aerial 4inch plugged into tv.

Just to clarify, have you connected a signal wire from the satellite dish to the Terrestrial tuner on your box?

If so, that is not going to work.

A Terrestrial tuner must have a signal wire from an aerial.

In Dublin I have a Zgemma H.2H combo box with two Tuners (A - DVB-S2 Satellite & B - DVB-T2 Terrestrial) connected into a wall socket with twin satellite cable. Satellite Cable 1 is connected into the Tuner A (F-type) socket to receive satellite channels. Satellite Cable 2 is connected (via F-Type to Coax Adapter supplied with H.2H box) into the Tuner B (co-axial) socket - as in OP's photo - to receive the Saorview terrestrial channels from Dublin Three Rock transmitter.
In London I receive the Freeview terrestrial channels in the same way from London Crystal Palace transmitter.
Above may not work for everyone as I have a Terrestrial TV Aerial & Satellite DIsh with all cables routed through a Multi Switch that distributes the signals to TV/Sat wall outlet sockets. The H.2H is connected to a wall socket with twin satellite cable.
To find the nearest Saorview transmitter just enter Eircode into the Saorview Coverage Checker Saorview | Coverage Checker

Last edited:
Reactions: CPD
If he has only 2 feeds from sat box and is only using 1 sat cable to sat tuner second cable can be used with this and 2 combiner diplexers.

I notice there is a slider power switch does this need to be switched on ?

What version is your abm on and possibly you are on an older image and box has to be reflashed to a later version as seen by other Tiviar users who also had saorview issues.

I have two cables running from a standard sky dish hybrid LNB to this box. I have tried most suggestions with that power button on and off.
I have open atv 6.3 and wooshbuild infinity. My autobouquetsmaker is (3.1+git707)

Cactikid are you saying if I connect one of these sky cables to that connector from freetv link and then link that to the terrestrial input of the H2H box it should work? Or would I need a separate Saorview aerial with a line running from that to the box?

Last edited:
A satellite dish receives satellite signal.
An aerial receives terrestrial signal.

If you want Saorview, you need to connect an aerial to your box.

Whether you use a diplexer and merge the signal then unmerge signal by the box is irrelevant. As your box only has one satellite tuner, I don't see the point in a diplexer.

You need an aerial to receive saorview as your 2 feeds are sat only.
Outdoor aerial suited to your location with a combiner/diplexer to send sat/terrestrial feed down one cable and combiner/diplexer to split at box.
Or
Use the spare sat feed with new aerial attached to it and send signal to rf input of box.
I dont like this way as you might upgrade later to multi feed sat box and i use a separate feed for my aerial.
If your close to a transmitter an indoor aerial should work and does not need to be powered/amplified.
Any place like Harvey Norman,Pc world should stock indoor and outdoor ones for your area.

I am using an old 4 inch magnetic aerial that came with a usb tuner plug in for my sony oled 4k and picture perfect.
Full HD Freeview USB TV PC Computer Stick Tuner Dongle Digital Receiver Recorder | eBay
Try indoor one first as you can upgrade later to an outside one later.

Thanks everyone, I'm unsure how it works in some cases with my setup and not in mine. Nevertheless I have a few options to try out so thanks again

What type of tv have you got and what tuners.Most modern tvs have saorview built in and just need an aerial for your signal.
Many years ago every house had a chimney mast to receive its tv signal.

I got this box for the folks thinking Saorview could be added along with the other freesat channels with a normal sky dish and cables. They're close enough to a Saorview mast so the indoor aerial might do the job, or there place is a bungalow so installing an external aerial won't be a big deal

Back