POLAROID TVS

grahamer67

TK Veteran
I was wondering if anyone on the forum has got any knowledge of Polaroid Tvs, I didnt even know that they made Tvs until today, A friend of the mrs's TV broke last week and her daughter bought her a Polaroid TV from Asda yesterday, They have set it up but they asked me to look at it as the picture and sound was not right the picture is quite blurry and it looks like the HD channels are SD, I tried better quality HDMI leads in ,but no difference, picture quality is quite poor all round, the sound seems to have a bit of an echo , I managed to improve it slightly with a bit of tinkering, also on the picture , they had the sharpness up at 100, I put it back to zero and changed the brightness, contrast and colour and tried to leave them with the best picture and sound as I could, but compared to my own TV or even a 12 year old philips that I have in the bedroom it is very poor for a new TV, its not a 4K its a FHD 49 inch Led TV, I am hoping someone has some knowledge and experience of this type of TV, I told her to put it back in the box and return it and I would give her another one that I dont use, but as her daughter bought it for her, she does not want to come across as ungrateful to her, any ideas will be very much appreciated, thanks.

Asda struck a deal with polaroid to sell their products but i read somewhere that they had more returns than sales and the deal collapsed.
Best thing is take it back and get a refund and buy a better make.
They are riddled with faults

20180209_120705.jpg
This happened on old lady's tv at end of my street the tv was only 6 weeks old ffs

I recently was buying a 43 inch 4k for bedroom prior to Xmas, I normally do quite a bit of research as looking for best price, the reviews for Polaroid are pretty poor and there prices are not that competitive considering that its a budget model, in the end I went Panasonic as I was given a 20 percent discount voucher with TJ Hughes

Yeah, I think it cost around £230- £260 mark, I told her to bring it back and get her money refunded, but at the end of the day, its up to her daughter, as it was her who bought it. at least now I can tell her that there has been quite a few returned to Asda stores, thanks RS nutter for the info, and to Toddy2 for the above post, pointing out the poor reviews. thanks.

Back