Portable dish channels missing

dusty101

Evening all looking for a bit of advice. I've bought a open box v8s to use in my caravan. Set it up at home and got everything working fine last night. Turned up in Devon today and whiped out my dish pointed it at 28e and within 10 minutes up and running untill I looked further and realised I'm missing quite a few channels. Only thing I can find is in the transponder menu some are showing a decent signal and some transponders are not.. Before I dig further was hoping someone could let me know if I'm on the right track or have I missed something obvious. Screen shots below. Cheers dusty
image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi if this is right your signal strength is very low you need to line up you dish. some channels have moved so make sure your up to date with channel list. you can find this on here.
Hope this helps

Try altering the dish elevation---if you have a sat meter/finder then go to a fta channel [BBC news] then adjust as needed.
As Mr D above said--an up to date channel list is a must due to Sky mucking about.
Anyway--who the heck watches TV on holiday? lol
Reaper.

Try altering the dish elevation---if you have a sat meter/finder then go to a fta channel [BBC news] then adjust as needed.
As Mr D above said--an up to date channel list is a must due to Sky mucking about.
Anyway--who the heck watches TV on holiday? lol
Reaper.
'

Thanks both appreciate the replies. Looks like I've just got spend a bit more time tuning and less drinking. I'd like to say it was me on the TV but I'm leaving my 17 year old lad down here as he's got a job working on the beach for the summer. I'm going back to do a real shift while he's living the dream :) thanks again dusty

Remember that not all transponders carry a signal. The transponder frequency shown in your second photo doesn't work for anyone, as it's not currently used.

Back