power line adapters with zegemma

beanfeast

hi all

just wondering if anybody has previous experience of using powerline adapters?,at present my router is upstairs with my desktop and my h2s is connected via Ethernet,i would like to have the box downstairs on the main tv but would be a logistical nightmare running wire to it,dont fancy using wifi i was just wondering if these powerline adapters would be an option ive heard they are supposed to be better than wifi.does anybody have first hand experience of using them with their box...

tia
Simon

They are great in my experience.
but some people have problems with there wiring being old or using extension bars can cause problem

if you do get some buy passthrou so you can still use the plug

tp link mini nano 200mbps powerline starter kit, these little numbers will sort out all your problems

thanks for the reply,i did some research and seems mixed views,obviously some makes are better than others,so prob worth spending a little extra and looking at reviews before buying,as for the wiring my house is not a new build but wouldn't class it as old so its a possible solution or bite the bullet and start drilling/feeding ethernet

---------- Post Merged at 08:00 PM ----------

tp link mini nano 200mbps powerline starter kit, these little numbers will sort out all your problems

i will have a look is that a kit you have used or experience of please

I use two sets at present, one from the router to the back door conservatory, the other to my daughters room. Best to use from socket to socket, rather than extensions. I use an extension for one set and they work fine but some folk have had issues

Just set up my first box using the AV500's - they work a treat!

I have to agree with Elliot. I always use these for customers and have never had an issue. As garyth said though, stick to wall sockets against extension leads to maximise throughput.

On a side note, make sure the socket is on a ringmain rather than a radial or spur as this will have an adverse affect. Radials and spurs are essentially a hard wired extension lead.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Use them all the time

Hi use them all the time tp-link 300 mps great job use them on alot of my customers boxes no problems at all.
Just check some new house have 2 main plug fuses one upstairs the other down stairs which seperates the loop so you wont be able to use plugs but if you only have
one fuse your good to go. Good luck

Hi use them all the time tp-link 300 mps great job use them on alot of my customers boxes no problems at all.
Just check some new house have 2 main plug fuses one upstairs the other down stairs which seperates the loop so you wont be able to use plugs but if you only have
one fuse your good to go. Good luck
That's interesting. Do they send the signal down the live wire then? The neutral and earths are all common in a domestic house so if they used either it wouldn't be a problem.

Tested this theory earlier and it seems you can use the network on different rings/circuits. My xbox works perfectly upstairs with my receiver downstairs.

thanks for the responses guys just ordered some tp link av500 so hopefully will have my line downstairs soon,just installed wooshmans 3.01 build tonight and very impressed,just like to say great site with great support thanks again guys

They work a treat They will work on different Circuits as long as they go to same fuse board Good thing with TP link is they are compatible with other makes

Powerline adaptors are the way to go. You can also use adaptors from other manufacturers as they are built to conform to a standard. I am using 2 pairs of adaptors (4) from different manufacturers. You may be told you cannot do this but if you are it is not true. Only thing about using mixed make adaptors is if they are not matched in speed they will default to the speed of the slower adaptors. How to pair adaptors if they dont connect is to use a multi adaptor (4 in a row) and put a matched pair into 2 of the plugs. If you see the middle light lit on each they are paired. If you dont see a middle light light press and hold the wee button down for a few seconds. In my experience if you need more adaptors you simple plug them in an thats it. They will connect automatic. Like a previous reply to this thread said, get pass thru adaptors if you can that way you dont lose a socket to plug into. If you intend to stream stuff to your TV via an adaptor id suggest you get a pair of gigabit adaptors as they will allow for greater bandwidth. Incidentally these adaptors come with built in wireless and multiple RJ45 (lan) connections.

Back