Premium Gyms- David Lloyds And Virgin Active.

Anyone previously been a member of any of these high end gyms and if so please do share experiences and membership costs.
Fancy joining if i can get a good deal, local gyms raised prices to £35 and if i can join a high end gym with a pool and jacuzzi for £50 i wouldn’t mind lol.

Hopefully you're not like me, join a gym full of enthusiasm about exercise which wears off about a month later then paying for something you never use. Run round the block and have a bath it's cheaper!

I'm a member of Nuffield and I only pay about your lower price. That's full membership, sauna, pools, steam room, and all classes. Check the high-end gyms out they give discounts for types of jobs and if you have private medical.

I would never pay rip off prices of these gyms. Mind you I will just end up going once or twice and that's it.

You can just run in your back garden. Do some press ups and sit ups that's exercise done for the day :LOL: :LOL:

I use JD Gym, they bought our Exersice4less out, shut it down and moved us to the existing JD gym and doubled the membership,was £9.99 Now £19.99,If you like Swimming daily the high end gyms are worth it because its about a £5 each time you go at the leisure center,also try the local leisure center because they usally have a Gym in them what includes swimming with the membership, around here its £35 and you can use four in the area

I use JD Gym, they bought our Exersice4less out, shut it down and moved us to the existing JD gym and doubled the membership,was £9.99 Now £19.99,If you like Swimming daily the high end gyms are worth it because its about a £5 each time you go at the leisure center,also try the local leisure center because they usally have a Gym in them what includes swimming with the membership, around here its £35 and you can use four in the area
JD is nice, I used to go there. You get a lot of gym for your money equipment wise

Used to be at DW a long time ago.....found they were very expensive for what you actually got

Just did a 2 week trial at DL, pretty nice although they always seem to be having an issue with the hot water!

Lol your prob at same gym as me then...same happened to our local Xercise4less and move to JD Gym double the price still cheaper than most so sticking with it.

Anyone previously been a member of any of these high end gyms and if so please do share experiences and membership costs.
Fancy joining if i can get a good deal, local gyms raised prices to £35 and if i can join a high end gym with a pool and jacuzzi for £50 i wouldn’t mind lol.
With some of these high end gyms, they offer discounted memberships with private health insurance.

One of my mates signed up to vitality as the cost of vitality + virgin was cheaper than virgin itself.

Plus, health insurance is pretty decent to have especially now.

With some of these high end gyms, they offer discounted memberships with private health insurance.

One of my mates signed up to vitality as the cost of vitality + virgin was cheaper than virgin itself.

But. Health insurance also starts from £40 odd quid minimum, so it then defeats the purpose paying £40 to get half price virgin membership which will still cost you £30 it works out the same

The perk with the david lloyds is alongside my membership anyone 18 or under can be added on for £27 a month, with no restrictions on who i can add.

But. Health insurance also starts from £40 odd quid minimum, so it then defeats the purpose paying £40 to get half price virgin membership which will still cost you £30 it works out the same
I’ve never checked the price of private health insurance myself, I’ve always had it though work. Just something that may be worth considering.

If you’re numbers are right above, then you’re getting your private health insurance for a tenner a month. I know which option I’d go for.

The perk with the david lloyds is alongside my membership anyone 18 or under can be added on for £27 a month, with no restrictions on who i can add.
Yeah they have also been doing sign 1 adult full price get the other 1/2 price on the full spa membership option. Last month anyway.

Back