prices on the internet and then prices in the shop!

36red

Fancied some fish and chips this afternoon so found a traditional english chippy not too far away from me opening at 4pm.
Noticed the price of fish and chips on photos from their internet account, probably twitter and thought yes decent prices.
Turned up at the shop, only allowed 1 person in at a time mind, went in to order and the fish price had gone over £3 and the chips just under £2!
Anyway was so peckish I ordered small chips and a small fish. Luckily I had taken a few slices of bread and butter with me to pad the grub out.
When I opened up the food the chip portion was very generous so I didn't eat all the bread.
I'm sure this kind of misleading pricing goes on a lot but it's a right con. Rant over!

£6.40 for fish and chips at my nearest chippy. Can't say I frequent it very often, for that price I can get a decent curry and I'd much rather have that.

£6.40 for fish and chips at my nearest chippy. Can't say I frequent it very often, for that price I can get a decent curry and I'd much rather have that.
yes fair play fella, think they wanted £3.40 or a fish and like £2.40 for a bag of chips, both large portions apparently.
not a fan of curry myself but I know lots of people love em.

I went into a chippy in Cleethorpes bank holiday weekend, asked the women prices and it was £3 for all small and £6.00 for large. Took the small option and it came with two fish and chips. There was loads for me and Mrsnas we shared them. Our normal chippy is around £5.80 for haddock and chips.

I went into a chippy in Cleethorpes bank holiday weekend, asked the women prices and it was £3 for all small and £6.00 for large. Took the small option and it came with two fish and chips. There was loads for me and Mrsnas we shared them. Our normal chippy is around £5.80 for haddock and chips.
well £5.80 would be the cost of the large fish n chips over this way too. £3 is a bargain for fish n chips mate, lovely.

From where I go for my fish and chips it's quite expensive now.

Been a month or so since I had it but £5 for fish and chips and £6 for masala fish and chips.

Back