Problem after VM visit

n18lld

Problem after VM visit. Do I need a new box?

Unplugged my Amiko box yesterday as we were having broadband problems and VM were attending. All services up and running again but when setting up my Amiko box I can no longer connect to the server correctly. Connects on power up then drops off after a couple of minutes. Occasionally reconnects again briefly before disconnecting again. Checked with line provider and server is up and healthy.
VM took my router over to the cable box in the street to do some 'checks'. Can they have altered the router?

Last edited:
Amiko was switched off for 24hrs. Router was off while being checked out. There hard wired and even tried a different Ethernet cable. Rebooted both several times today but same issue every time. Might get a test line just to confirm its not the server?

Sounds like actual router dropping connection. Logged into it to see how long it's staying connected after a reboot?

my amiko box was unplugged for 2 weeks whilst i was on holiday, everything running normally when switched back on.

Ok so test line does the same thing so confirms my provider is cool. From experience guys do I need to buy a new router or more likely a new cable box?

Last edited:
Back